Our Community and Charity Work
There’s no point saying you’re a socially responsible business unless you truly walk the walk. At Whitehall Resources we’re deeply driven to make a real difference to our community, create new jobs for local people, back a range of charities and work hard to protect our environment.
So every year we support one local cause and one international charity, and hardly a week goes past without another team member taking on a personal challenge to raise funds for causes that are important to them.
We’re proud of being a socially responsible business, because when we give back it makes Whitehall Resources a better place to be.
You won’t find a more competitive team than ours, and it makes us ideal sponsors of Colchester Rugby Club and Elite Sponsors of its First XV.
We love turning out on Saturdays to see the team proudly wearing a Whitehall Resources branded kit. Our investment in the club is a major asset that helps it thrive, so come and join us as we cheer them on each Saturday!
We are delighted that Whitehall Resources sponsor our First XV, which is again competing for promotion to National League rugby. As a thriving community club we run four senior teams and have around 600 juniors playing rugby every weekend. Colchester Rugby Club endeavours to support our local community and contribute regularly to charities, so it is fantastic to have the support of a company that shares our values.
Andy Wadling, President of Colchester RFC
A few charity highlights
We hold fundraising events throughout the year, supporting national charities such as Children in Need and Red Nose day, as well as local causes such as St Helena Hospice.
- Colchester Big Sleep Out – £1000 raised for Samaritan’s and a Colchester homeless charity
- Raising over £800 for Comic Relief with our ‘Dress Up Day’
- Supporting prostate cancer awareness by taking part in Movember
- 13 team members abseiled down Colchester Town Hall to raise £1,045 for the Stroke Association
- Sponsoring Drew Mawson £250 to run the Royal Parks Foundation Half Marathon for Prostate Cancer UK
- Sponsoring Richard McKinlay £250 to take part in the London to Paris Off-Road Bike Ride for the British Heart Foundation
- Sponsoring a local Sixth Form student on a trip to Southern India with the Russ Foundation