Implementation Project Manager – Data Protection
Whitehall Resources are currently looking for an Implementation Project Manager – Data Protection
Duties and Responsibilities:
- PM to review identified actions / work streams, prioritise tasks across multiple business functions within our EU and (where applicable) global operations.
- Lead all activities relating to the preparation of the GDPR implementation – organise, manage and deliver the activities required to meet compliance by May 2018.
- Provide leadership in forming the appropriate project team in order to meet the projects objectives.
- Communicate a clear vision of the projects objectives, timeline, and deliverables and lead the project team in achieving them.
- Organise project work into manageable groups (project phases and work breakdown) and determine an effective approach for completing the work.
- Ensure that appropriate timing, resources, and sequencing of the work efforts are aligned to produce the desired results within the project schedule.
- Coordinate across relevant departments and, where appropriate, external advisors to ensure that all GDPR project deadlines are met.
- Inform and advise client management and staff who process personal data and lead the implementation of policy, training needs, procedures and controls to document how compliance with the GDPR will be achieved
– Work with business teams to put in place monitoring of compliance with the Regulations, with other EU or local data protection provisions and with the data protection policies, including the assignment of responsibilities, awareness raising and training of staff involved in the processing operations throughout the organisation.
- Identify, assess, manage and monitor risks, issues, dependencies and change requests to ensure the project is delivered on time and meets the cost and quality criteria, within agreed tolerances and escalating those which exceed agreed boundaries for resolution
- Monitor and report on the project progress in a clear, concise, and timely manner to Project SteerCo and Chief Compliance Officer
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and excellent leadership skills to manage and motivate core GDPR team members and sub-groups
- Experience of other regulatory change programmes