Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a DevOps Engineer.
We are seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer with a proven track record in software delivery to join our talented team and demonstrate a passion for Development Operations. The DevOps Engineer will need to be technically competent, with excellent problem-solving and communication skills. They will be responsible for building and maintaining the team’s continuous integration and deployment processes in line with agreed plans and strategies.
Key Tasks and Deliverables:
This is a vital role within the agile delivery team, to build and maintain the continuous integration and deployment processes to ensure that code can be reliably built and deployed. As a member of an agile delivery team, the DevOps Engineer will take a full part in all Agile ceremonies, and take shared responsibility for the successful completion of Sprints. They will need to work closely with team members, so good communication is essential, but as the only DevOps Engineer in the team they will need to have strong technical abilities in order to take ownership of their tasks.
Operational management of Linux servers, delivering a complex web application stack; building and configuring new server platforms and the automated tooling to do so; testing, debugging and troubleshooting of platform level problems; and supporting development teams with configuring applications for deployment.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
– Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
– Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef, Ansible or an equivalent
– Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment using Git, Jenkins or similar, Artifactory or similar
– Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required)
– Strong experience with SQL, MySQL, Hadoop
– A working understanding of code and script (java, shell scripting)
– Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
– Agile Scrum experience
– Well-organised, detail-oriented and able to handle and effectively prioritise multiple tasks and activities
– Confident in Technical Abilities
The following would be advantageous:
– Knowledge of Confluence and Jira
– Knowledge of Pentaho
– SC Cleared