This position has been filled
Whitehall Resources require a Network Engineer for a 3 month initial contract based in Hampshire.
Please be advised that this role falls inside IR35.
The Infrastructure team is responsible for the support, maintenance, development and delivery of all network & internet infrastructure components critical for the delivery of the organisations applications and services, supporting the corporate goals of us and our partners.
The IT infrastructure is used by over 35,000 staff, all staff and students in connected schools and staff in partner organisations. Additionally, the underlying infrastructure is fundamental to the delivery of services to the citizens of Hampshire and beyond.
We are looking for Network Contractors who will have the ability to operate within an enterprise infrastructure team at 3rd level, acting as part of a team of key technical leads on a wide range of products and services, delivering on both project implementation and support.
– Citrix NetScaler Networking (Load-Balancing, Content Switching, Web Application Firewalling)
– Firewall Technologies (Checkpoint R65, 75, 77, 80)
– Firewall Policy management, review, and optimisation
– Network Security principles
– Network Switching (Cisco, Extreme, Dell)
– SSL Certificate management
– General wired and wireless network troubleshooting, deployment and management
– Linux (RHEL, CentOS)
– DNS, DHCP, IPAM management
– E-Mail routing & filtering (Exim)
– Regular expression syntax
– Vulnerability scanning and remediation
The right candidate will be able to demonstrate:
– Good communication skills – able to manage both customers and vendors under pressure
– Good grasp of networking essentials
– Experience of working within a strict change management environment
– Experience of handling multiple tasks running concurrently with varying complexity, time constraints, impacts and risks
General Job Description:
To manage, develop and deliver effective, efficient IT services and to take an active role in the provision of technical, business IT advice and consultancy to fulfil organisational requirements and strategy. Understand and analyse customer requirements and make recommendations for solutions, taking into account the broader corporate and IT business objects. Decide and approve what actions need to be taken to resolve problems or issues. Assess the viability of solutions to business problems and consider the impact on the wider organisation. Evaluate and select systems/products and provide recommendations for improvements to service. Successfully balance conflicting demands, taking decisions on priorities.