Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a Scrum Master
– Lead the teams towards the goal of becoming self-managing, optimally performing teams.
– Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
– Responsible to facilitating daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings.
– Guiding the team and organisation on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values.
– Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
– Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
– Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
– Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
– Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
– Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
– Will be from a technical background, being able to work closely with the technical team.
– Remove blockers to successful delivery.
– Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organisation and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organisation.
– Certified Scrum Master or similar qualification.
– Knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.
– Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for at least 2 years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
– Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
– Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach(example: numerous Burndown technologies, various Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.).
– Experience using various techniques to focus plans and roadmaps on Business value.
– Good understanding of software development practices and agile software testing techniques (such as TDD, BDD, CI).
– Experience in JIRA, Confluence, Slack, Trello Agile tools for backlog tracking, burn-up/burn-down metrics, velocity etc.
– Excellent communication and mentoring skills.