Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a NoSQL Designer.
NoSQL Architect will work closely with the Lead Data Architect and will be responsible for delivering conceptual and solution architecture designs across the NoSQL Data solution for a large scale insurance programme.
The ideal candidate will have strong business and technology acumen in order to develop sound architecture solutions that will meet and exceed business needs. Skills in NoSQL databases specifically Document store ( MongoDB, CouchDB, Marklogic) along with the capacity to adapt to changing technology landscape are essential. Effective communications with IT and Business associates at all levels including senior management will be required.
– Leads creation, analysis, and review of assigned solution architectures
– Collaborates with other architects to ensure integrity and security of assigned solution architectures
– Leads or participates in project planning of architecture activities and provides estimates for architecture work
– Ensures maintenance and quality of related project documents and/or architecture artifacts (e.g., Solution Architecture Document)
– Leads or participates in the development of Future State Architectures for a given programme
– Leads the development of horizontal solutions for projects / programs
– Partners with application development teams in validating and implementing proposed solutions.
– Provide non-functional design to support NoSQL infrastructure (resilience, high availability, security etc.)
– Prepares presentations tailored for various audiences (e.g., executive management, business partners, IT partners, etc.)
– Conducts product assessments and vendor evaluations as needed, and guides these through the approved software governance processes
– Ensures architecture standards (reference architectures / approved technology stacks) and best practices are adhered to
– Has ability to maintain big picture focus while working on individual solution architectures
– Proactively keeps management informed of project status, issues, and dependencies
– Provide ongoing support for Application Development teams in resolving technological issues (e.g., technology compatibility issues, technology implementation issues, etc.)
– Experience in Insurance domain is preferable.
– Experience in EU GDPR compliance is preferable
– Minimum of 5 to 8 years of related architecture experience
– 3 + years of hands on experience working in NoSQL/Big Data Architecture
– Experience leading and/or working in a large team
– Demonstrated inter-personal and consultative proficiency
– Demonstrated oral and written communication proficiency