coInfrastructure Engineer required by Whitehall Resources for a 3 month initial contract based in Manchester.
Middleware – Managed File Transfer
The Managed file transfer Services team manages the secure electronic transfer of data from one computer to another both internally and externally (to our customers or third parties).
Managed File Transfer offers a higher level of security and control than standard FTP, offering value add features such as reporting, real time visibility, auditability, automation of file transfer-related activities and processes, end-to-end security, and performance metrics/monitoring.
– To provide 3rd line and SME support the File Transfer environment, primarily supporting connect direct and sterling file gateway technologies as well as SFTP on in house developed solutions.
– The role provides exposure to leading edge software technology and underlying platforms operating mission critical services to the group.
– In depth experience of working in a 2nd/3rd line IT support or project delivery environment (previous experience within Middleware, IBM or related technology)
– Skilled in incident, problem and change management – ITIL accreditation advantageous
– Strong analytical ability including root cause identification and pro-active service improvement
– Change Management/Project build, test and implementation of Middleware File Transfer components
– Ability to understand and influence high level technical design of Middleware component
– Software maintenance and patching
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Team worker/team player
Must have the following:
– Connect Direct installation and configuration on Unix
– Secure+, TLS encryption and certificate management
Nice to Have
– File Agent
– Mainframe TSO, ISPF, JCL
– Windows Dos Batch Scripting
– Windows server administration
– Unix Shell scripting skills
– Strong Unix background, AIX/Linux