Senior/Lead DevOps Engineer - SC Cleared
Senior/Lead DevOps Engineer required by Whitehall Resources for 6 month initial contract based in Croydon.
Were looking for senior engineers to join a Government Department team focused on Platform Engineering. As a leader you will be directing engineering teams to design, build, integrate and deploy the infrastructure and distributed platforms used to host and deliver modern micro service application architectures. You will be experienced in applying modern computing paradigms aiming to improve the path to production, feedback loops and creating cultures of continuous learning and improvement.
– Contributes to the technical strategy, standards, and solutions and leads in its implementation.
– Coordinates service levels with product and business managers, other organisational departments and internal users to define and deliver at or above service level agreement standards
– Remains on the forefront of emerging DevOps technologies and practices.
– Identifies DevOps innovations and manages the process of innovative change implementation effectively across the project, processes, and technologies.
– Coaches, trains, and develops colleagues to ensure proficiency in delivery of services that we provide on a daily basis.
– Develops positive stakeholder relationships at all levels to deliver updates, resolve issues, and manage project lifecycles.
– Measures, tracks, reports, and attains/exceeds project goals. Organizes, documents, and reports to senior stakeholders.
– Escalates issues and pursues resolutions properly with agreed SLAs.
– Manages multiple teams simultaneously within a dynamic environment and appropriately assigns resources.
– Mutually establishes project priorities with Product Managers. Provides target schedules for deliverables. Regularly communicates with project members.
– Participates in new and enhanced software, systems and infrastructure design discussions and review sessions.
– Participates in and leads technical design authority processes.
– Manage operational standards and procedures, and ensures those are documented and followed by team members.
– Manage and work collaboratively with third party providers and information system vendors to ensure timely and accurate delivery of outsourced software, systems and services.
– Line manage DevOps team leads in accordance with Capgemini practices.
– Highly technical individual with strong experience in software, systems and network engineering.
– A wealth of experience brilliantly managing highly skilled practitioners within the fields of software, systems and network engineering.
– Serious depth of DevOps knowledge and how to implement its key concepts within a large scale agile transformation programmes.
– The ability to deliver infrastructure as code, continuous integration and delivery pipelines, introspection, monitoring and metrics.
– A background managing IT budgets and external suppliers.
– Proven ability to build high value stakeholder relationships, even under high pressure
– Experience working with agile frameworks such as Kanban, Scrum and Extreme Programming.