Senior Support Engineer
Senior Support Engineer
Whitehall Resources are looking for an experienced Senior Support Engineer for an initial 3 month contract in Berkshire.
Key Tasks/ Responsibilities:
– Provide in-depth technical support for customers via telephone, written correspondence, or electronic service.
– Provide advanced troubleshooting to analyse problems and develop solutions to meet customer needs.
– Determine the best approach for resolving complex technical issues that will yield the desired turn-around time and optimal customer solution while minimizing the impact to the customer.
– Engage and collaborate with other teams, including escalation teams and the R&D Team, and 3rd party support partner (Open Source), in gaining resolution to critical, complex issues.
– Provide exceptional customer service in politically charged environments.
– Represent the client professionally in customer and partner onsite visits, where travel may be required with little advance notice.
– Create advanced online technical content including Knowledge Base articles, training documents, blogs, etc., as needed to help enhance our CSS Front of Funnel strategy and drive one-to-many customer and partner impact.
– Maintain strong working knowledge of all related products, technologies and upcoming releases. Take proactive ownership in identifying and recommending product improvements in key product areas based on key data points.
– Participate in planned team-wide shift rotations to cover business needs, including 24×7 “on-call” responsibilities and weekend work.
– Present technical content to various audiences including customers, partners, and internal stakeholders.
– Provide consulting services to partners and customers to increase product market share.
Essential Skills/ Experience:
– Experience with Hadoop.
– Experience with other solutions in the Big Data/Analytics space.
– Experience with Windows and Linux.
– Knowledge and experience with the Open Source ecosystem.
– Experience in any RDBMS.
– Adaptability, flexibility and the ability to do the right thing under pressure and tight deadlines.
– Great interpersonal and communication skills-both oral and written-and success in partnering with groups inside and outside of the client.
– A self-motivated and independent thinker that shows initiative and routinely translates circumstances and understanding into actions that move the business forward in a measurable manner.
– Ability to distil, prioritize and act on feedback from a variety of sources.
– Conviction and courage to drive decisions and defend positions as appropriate.
– Bachelor’s degree or higher in any science related field that has a significant computing element.