DevOps Specialist required by Whitehall Resources for a 6 month initial contract based in East Anglia.
The DevOps engineer will be required to contribute to version controlled configuration assets within DevOps team’s existing fully automated continuous deployment solution, to diagnose and troubleshoot infrastructure and deployment issues and work collaboratively as part of the wider organisation.
– Experience with continuous integration, automated deployment, testing and relevant tooling. Knowledge and use of Ansible would hugely beneficial, though understanding of any orchestration tooling and/or configuration management principles and a willingness to learn will be considered.
– Experience in Linux Systems Administration, predominantly in a RHEL environment
– Excellent communication skills with the ability to tailor details to business and technical audiences. Demonstrate strong written, verbal and white boarding skills.
– Coding and scripting expertise with knowledge of Python, Perl, Java, Ruby, and Shell. Expert knowledge in one or two of these is necessary. Python is most preferable.
– Must have familiarity and skill with the more common version controls tools. Ideally experience with Github/Gitlab but demonstration of version controls principles (i.e. branching strategies) is more important.
– Experience with virtualisation and cloud deployments
– Must have a firm grasp on the technical aspects of troubleshooting software errors.
– Development Methodology – Familiarity with processes and standards, such as ITIL and DevOps philosophy.
– Experience of working in agile software delivery teams.
– Experience of using JIRA/Atlassian tools.