Oracle Release Manager
Oracle Release Manager
Whitehall Resources are currently looking for an Oracle Release Manager.
Main Purpose of Job:
– To minimise the risk to Business availability by effectively managing the introduction of IT Change.
– To ensure the planning, scheduling and control of the build, test and deployment of Releases, in order to deliver increased Business value while protecting the integrity of existing services.
– To support the process owner in the development, implementation, compliance and performance of the Change and Release Management processes.
– To ensure the process is operated in line with documented requirements, targets, SLAs and OLAs.
– To provide guidance and assistance to Team Leaders, Team Managers and process practitioners.
– To deputise for the process owner as required.
Change Management Strategy:
To support the Process Owner by planning and coordinating all process activities, with the overall goal to minimise unplanned service disruption resulting from Change activity.
Change Risk Management:
Ensure that the risk associated with IT Change is clearly understood and articulated, in terms of Impact and Likelihood, across IT, Third Parties and other Business areas and that that risk is effectively communicated and evaluated.
To ensure that Change activity is appropriately tested and to provide appropriate visibility of planned Change activity to IT and Business stakeholders and, where necessary, to implement and manage local or wider Change Freezes.
– To reduce the risk associated with Change by grouping related Changes and managing their deployment via a defined Release Management process.
– To ensure that the appropriate planning, design, build, configuration and testing is performed for all Release packages.
– To ensure compliance with all aspects of the process.
– Initial point of contact, coordination, guidance and support for all aspects of the process, regardless of the technology or organisational structure involved.
– Operate and support the process in line with ITIL guidelines and ISO 20000 requirements.
– To ensure that all requests for change meet standards of acceptability and quality.
– To ensure the identification of root cause behind failed changes and ensure measures are in place to prevent repeat occurrences.
– To ensure effective communication between Change Management, IT, Service Assurance and other stakeholders to ensure that the Business drivers and priorities behind Change activity are clearly understood.
– Work with resolver groups and support groups to ensure compliance with the requirements, targets, SLAs, and OLAs associated with the process.
– To provide meeting and administrative support to the process owner and Team Leaders where required.
– Chair various meetings associated with Change and Release Management (including CAB, PIR, Change Violation and Release Milestones), ensuring the production and distribution of minutes and management of actions
– A demonstrable understanding of utility business
– A high degree of knowledge of the energy sector
– Demonstrable knowledge of the drivers behind IT Change requirements associated with individual Business areas
– An understanding of how IT Change Management, Release Management, and Service management as a whole, support the delivery of business-enabling service
Functional and Technical Skills:
– Experience in the release management for Oracle applications.
– Demonstrable knowledge of the requirements of the ISO 20000 standard and the interdependency of Service Management processes
– A thorough knowledge of the requirements and benefits of an established IT Change Management and Release Management capability
– Strong organisational