This position has been filled
Access Manager / VBA
Access Developer / VBA Required by Whitehall Resources on an initial 3 month contract based in West Yorkshire.
As a developer in this role, you’ll be responsible for assisting with the handover of a complex Microsoft Access model. You’ll be responsible for fixing defects on the current platforms and potentially developing the new platform. The model is designed to assist remediation operations by calculating redress where a customer has been previously detrimentally affected. This role could lead to working on a longer-term development project.
What you’ll bring
You’ll have at least 3 years’ experience of building models using MS Access and will have a background in embedding SQL queries into VBA scripts in Microsoft Access.
In addition, you’ll have the following experience and personal attributes:
– Demonstrable experience in Financial Services, with knowledge of mortgage products desirable
– Strong knowledge of databases, table relationships and understanding data flows in MS Access
– Background in VBA: using VBA to generate multiple MS Word/Excel documents and working with multiple parameters at any one time
– Previous experience in SQL: writing queries, creating temp tables, inserting data into tables and joins
– The ability to organise and write scripts so that bugs can be easily identified and rectified
– Experience of working in Agile teams following Agile methodologies to deliver high quality products to tight timescales
You’ll have deep and broad technical experience, having worked on previous development projects. It will also be important to have strong communication skills; the role requires you to work closely with the project team and directly with the client.