Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a Change/Incident Manager.
Key Requirements :
– Support change requests from customers performing impact analysis, operational acceptance, DBA task preparation and execution in line with customer requirements, priorities and agreed SLAs.
– Manage change requests for DBA initiated changes ensuring accurate and timely communication and coordination of changes across the Client and customer teams as per current standards and procedures
– Participate in operational acceptance reviews for new or changed production database services.
– Perform required analysis and resolution of database incidents to root cause.
– Hand off incidents to other support teams in a timely manner to ensure full resolution within agreed SLAs.
– Performance monitoring of application databases to identify any possible issues or constraints likely to impact business functionality and/or availability.
– Analysis and resolution of performance related issues.
– Definition of performance thresholds for monitoring and alerting.
– Design & production of performance reports to assist the Client and customer teams monitor and understand database performance trends.
– Support the requirements and analysis processes for customer proposals to validate database designs and to ensure that all DBA resource requirements, costs and issues are captured to allow accurate and timely feedback to the customer.
– Undertake logical and physical database design activities to ensure databases meet customer requirements for business functionality, capacity, performance, availability, security, data integrity and compliance.
– Actively contribute to technical design discussions/meetings to represent App DBAs as part of the decision making process.
– Analysis of requirements for, and scheduling of, backup and recovery processes to ensure, compliance, data integrity and recovery capabilities to standards and SLAs.
– Support Disaster Recovery processes for both test and live invocations.
– Identification and management of database related operational risks including documentation, escalation and resolution (if appropriate).
– Monitoring and analysis of database capacity requirements on an ongoing basis and planning of appropriate actions to ensure no database issues relating to insufficient capacity.
– Scheduling of change requests to execute any required actions to maintain appropriate capacity including communication of actions for other customer teams.
– Provide details of capacity requirements for customer or the Client projects to allow costs, timelines etc.
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.