Search Solution Architect
Search Solution Architect required for a large Programme based in the UK on a Contract basis for 6 months initially.
The Enterprise Search Solution/Data Architect will specialise and a SME in the following domain:
* Search and Taxonomy – Mash up structured and unstructured content and leverage content analytics, semantic technologies, and data visualization to build solutions that will enable our business partners to find existing information and acquire new knowledge.
The Enterprise Search Solution/Data Architect will also be responsible for models, policies, rules or standards that govern which data is collected, and how it is stored, arranged, integrated, and put to use, and enforcing data standards for all its data systems as a vision or a model of the eventual interactions between those data systems.
* Designs architectures for projects or solutions that address business/application/information/infrastructure application, data and/or process integration requirements
* Works with Business Analysis and Solution Engineering functions and supports functional & technical requirements management, including driving software selection processes
* Ensures that solution architectures and designs are appropriately robust and address business, application, information and infrastructure architectural requirements
* Provides technical support to project teams and conducts reviews throughout project lifecycle
* Ensures compliance with existing EA guidelines and standards
* Assists project and service teams in the development, implementation and maintenance of standard architectural components
* Works with third party suppliers as required and contributes to the creation of local or functional design documents
* Works with third party suppliers to verify technical development and delivery are in adherence with the Architecture Roadmap, Blueprint and Information Services Strategy
* Documents all architecture analysis and design work
* Develops strong knowledge and expertise in at least one architecture domain
* Contributes to the development of the Architecture Capability within Information Services, by documenting and sharing knowledge and best practices with peer Architects
* Improves strategies, methods and tools used to search, categorize, classify, tag, and deliver content.
* Challenge the status-quo and push for innovation in both domains within S&T.
* Tracks potentially disruptive technologies related to search and taxonomy management and lead strategic response.
* Lends support, recommendation, and counsel to search & taxonomy related projects.
* Resolves complex technical issues and drive innovation to improve search findability, scalability, relevancy, and user experience.
* Proven skills and experience managing and controlling large project and programme budgets
* Excellent communication and relationship management skills
* Experience managing and leading global project teams
* Strong knowledge and experience with integration platforms and solutions
* Evidence of shaping innovative solutions that have a major impact within the business area and organisation
* Excellent business acumen with sensitivity to environment
* Experience working in a global organization where stakeholders and project team members are geographically dispersed.
* A self-starter with high levels of drive, energy, resilience and a desire for professional excellence.
At least 5 years working in a senior architecture role in a large, ideally global organisation(s), focusing on the following disciplines:
* Content indexing (crawling – ETL)
* Enterprise search platform (i.e. Autonomy – Sinequa – Vivisimo – MarkLogic – Attivio…)
* Taxonomy/ontology and search integration
* Semantic framework basics (RDF –OWL – Triple Store)
* Client-side web development technologies
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.