API Test Analyst
API Test Analyst
Whitehall Resources are looking for API Test Analyst. The role is based in London and will require hybrid working. The candidate will be expected to go onsite between 5 – 6 times a month.
– Participate in discussing strategy and implementation of integration and e2e testing for components
– Collaborating with Product Owner/Analysts to help create and refine user stories and acceptance criteria and ensure the acceptance tests reflect the desired functionality.
– Evaluation of functional and non-functional requirements for testability and suitability for automation.
– Designing, Scripting, Executing test automation scenarios and documenting test results
– Increase coverage of Automation packs and pass rate in testing cycle as instructed by the Automation Lead
– Participate in release activities and giving QA sign offs
– Work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary Agile team
– Software development and strong coding skills (preferably with Java/Spring, Python)
– Understanding of iterative style of application development
– Experience with test automation of backend/Rest API
– Deep knowledge and understanding of testing methodology
– Strong analytical skills
MUST have skills (NOT just a class room training experience) –
– Hands on experience on Core Java/Python, Maven
– Hands on experience on REST ASSURED/Karate, JUnit framework for API testing
– Hands on experience on Cucumber, BDD methodology, Gherkin syntax
– Hands on experience in any Java IDE (e.g. Eclipse/IntelliJ)
– Hands on experience on GIT, JIRA, Jenkins (CICD exposure)
– Good Understanding of REST API types (GET, PUT, POST, DELETE) an it’s working
– Good understanding of HTTP, JSON protocol and syntax
– Good understanding of Message Schema, RAML/OAS Specifications, Message Request-Response mechanism
– Good understanding of cloud architecture (preferably AWS)
– Good understanding of Kubernetes and Docker capabilities
– Working experience in Agile methodology / SAFe with ‘in-sprint’ automation
– Strong written and verbal English communication skills
GOOD to have skills –
– Understanding of STUB/Service virtualization
– Understanding of cloud based architecture
– Understanding of any API testing tools like – POSTMAN, Rest Client, Anypoint etc.
– Been able to understand Retail Banking functions/requirements
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.
Whitehall Resources are an equal opportunities employer who value a diverse and inclusive working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics.