Whitehall Resources currently require an experienced Engineer to work with a key client
**Please note this role will require candidates to work via and FCSA Umbrella**
An experienced senior engineer to help deliver a new programme of work integrating Oracle cloud as a new deployment method via the use of API’s.
You are expected to have experience of API development, and to apply this knowledge in the implementation of solutions for integrating external cloud services interfaces in to existing bank customer portals.
* Analyzing and understanding the business and IT support needs
* Design and code infrastructure automation. Apply DevOps CI/CD pipeline, and build automation interfaces between systems.
* Design and code reusable APIs to build, manage and provide self-service functions.
* Designing and testing automation, eliminating defects and errors with product development
* Creating and maintaining solution documentation.
* Problem solving issues that arise in day to day running of automated processes and providing timely responses and solutions as required.
* Creative thinking skills, ability to communicate well to other members of the development team
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
* Awareness of Oracle cloud, and some database administration advantageous
* API Development experience and tooling knowledge (e.g. postman, Sonarqube, Cucumber etc.)
* Knowledge of some if not all: JIRA / GIT / Jenkins / Confluence / Nexus / Splunk / Docker / Puppet / Ansible / Kong / Springboot
* End-to-end knowledge of build, package, test and deployment of CI/CD pipelines.
* Knowledge of devops and agile operating principles
* Ability to navigate security and risk expectations in a regulated banking environment.
* Ability to work collaboratively across teams/regions/cultures, sharing and building collective knowledge.
* Troubleshooting and bug fixing.
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.
Whitehall Resources are an equal opportunities employer who value a diverse and inclusive working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics.