DWS Product Owner
DWS Product Owner
Whitehall Resources currently require an experience Product Owner to work with a key client
As part of their investment into Technology, Operations and Product, our client is looking to recruit a Manager of Digital Workspace (DWS) Product Management to define & deliver their technology infrastructure product strategy for end user computing and collaboration services. Our client has a major technology programme underway and will be replacing all core systems and are investing heavily in transforming their ways of working including investing in robotics, AI, and the automation of all their end-to-end process, whilst moving to build a more product orientated business. This is an exciting time to join on this journey and play a pivotal role in leading innovative and impactful solutions for our clients.
* Subject matter expert within this specialist professional technology area. Creates new solutions to unique problems, defining new standards, practices, and technical solutions.
* Product Owner manages a broad portfolio of Digital Workspace services, through the leadership of a team of Product Managers with Agile Squads for engineering and support resourced
* Full accountability for delivery of the right combination of products, at the right time, at the best cost and helping colleagues using the services make the right choices for DWS services, including:
* Strategic assessment of products and service provision
* Product portfolio/catalogue governance, improvement plan definition and cost modelling
* Product pricing in support of strategy/long term efficiencies
* Provider of functional requirements into engineering cycle
* Orchestration of new Product introduction across operations and colleagues (business launch)
* Customer journey (browse, buy, service/optimise)
* Drive adoption in line with strategy (Product evangelist, communicators, and trainers)
* Benchmarking and consumption optimisation insights
* High level solution design in conjunction with architecture and engineering
* Ensure our client has an accurate, up-to-date understanding of colleague related Infrastructure, how that underpins and drives business applications, and where technical debt, capability gaps etc. exist
* Contribute to a wider Technology Risk agenda with accountability for colleague related infrastructure components.
* Integrate their specialist knowledge and industry trends with broader business impact.
* Determines and drives significant, complex and global projects to meet functional goals and drive best practice in operations. * Advises executive leadership on strategy in their area of expertise.
* Responsible for defining our to-be infrastructure and working with our strategic outsource provider to design and deliver core infrastructure products and services across multiple domains including, but not limited to:
* Compute for end users – whether it be desktop, laptop, mobile or virtual
* Access devices for using compute resources – whether fat or thin
* Application Distribution – packaging and App Store management
* Base builds – Windows and Mac
* End Point Management and Security – all end user e.g. workstations and mobile
* Software and Hardware Asset Management
* Persona Analysis to drive systematic enterprise management of usage and provisioning
* Productivity Suite – O365
* Collaboration – end user tooling and environments, including Audio Visual and printing:
* Data usage – unstructured e.g. OneDrive and SharePoint
* Intranet and other community tooling e.g. Yammer
* Email clients and usage
* Identity Services e.g. JML process
* Voice, Video, Conferencing (Teams) clients and usage
* Integration and high-level management of secondary collaboration environments e.g. Google Workspace
* Joiners/Movers/Leavers for technology
* All end user level 1 support Technology – including the IT Service Desk, Service Request, and Incident Management
* Drive adoption and evolution of all Digital Workspace products through Business Change, colleague communications, training, and knowledge management
* Deskside support on globally, including “smart hands” for all of Technology Services on site needs
* Improve service for all IT products used internally through promotion of the use of colleague self-help, proactive fixing, and automation
* VIP Support for C Level Executives
* Service design, reporting, assurance, and governance for Digital Workspace
* Service Reviews with lines of business
* Operational Reviews with 3rd party managed services
* Voice of the customer collating continuous feedback of requirements into the Agile engineering lifecycle for all Digital Workspaces products
* Ongoing product management of the infrastructure components through full product lifecycle using buy/hold/sell governance
* Define and continuously improve ways of working, liaising closely with colleagues across technology and the wider business
* Form a key part of the extended technology leadership team, working closely with the CTO and peers to help move the function forward and ensure close alignment of activities
* Lead a team of Infrastructure specialists, product managers and subject matter experts
* Strategic management of this infrastructure domain with our infrastructure outsource partner to ensure alignment with Enterprise Architecture strategy
CAPBILITIES AND EXPERIENCE
* As part of the wider Technology leadership team, the person will need be able to navigate a complex, relationship driven, environment that is undergoing a period of transformation.
* The person will need to manage uncertainty and constant change/uncertainty until the structure of the standalone business is fully established.
* A business savvy, leader with experience of a technology driven or data-focused business
* Specific Technology Infrastructure skillset from a complex enterprise scale environment
* Assertive leader within a complex, matrix environment
* Experienced leader of change
* Ability to forge relationships in a constructive and supportive manner
* Embraces the development and fulfilment of overall strategy and actively supports and contributes to it.
* Manages shorter term operating requirements within the context of longer-term strategic thinking
* Understands associated risks and implications, exercises good judgement and confidence in taking action.
* Wins support for decisions
* Leads by example; personable, credible, honest and well respected. Unlocks potential and inspires commitment
* Demonstrates a strong sense of ownership and delivery focus
* Understands the bigger picture and can solve big problems creatively
* Leads and manages others effectively, coaching and giving feedback to support development
* Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on active listening and able to explain technical information simply and clearly to key business stakeholders
* Embraces a culture of diversity & inclusion, striving to build a world class global team
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.
Whitehall Resources are an equal opportunities employer who value a diverse and inclusive working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics.