EMC Transformation Solution Architect
EMC Transformation Solution Architect
We are looking for a Solution Architect located in Wolverhampton for an initial 3 Month Contract, who will be part of the industrial Operations transformation team within the Digital function.
**THIS ROLE HAS BEEN DEEMED AS INSIDE OF IR35**
In this role, you will be responsible for:
– Delivering solution designs and architectures for key global initiatives hosted in a variety of environments considering re-use, scalability, and reliability in alignment with our mission and strategy.
– You will holistically evaluate the architecture and apply deep technical expertise to understand the business impact of a technical component, recommending and implementing new solutions, ways of working and technologies to meet business requirements.
– You will develop relationships across the business to understand requirements, apply deep technical knowledge of solution and technical architecture to solve business problems and work closely with other architecture and development teams to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
– In this role you will also create reliable solution plans that include cost estimates and optimized delivery approaches by working with the business, multi-disciplinary teams including our peers in Digital.
– Sets architectural direction, builds consensus, mediates conflicts providing technical leadership and advisory services to the business.
You will act as an initial point of contact, proactively engaging with the SME’s, delivery team, Product owners, information security, enterprise architects and operations , covering the end to end architecture elements , from technology selection through to delivery of the EMC transformation programme.
– Provide architecture leadership & subject matter expertise to client engagements focusing on complex & innovative products and reusable assets
– Develop solution plans, prior to kicking off a project as part of a product life cycle, intended to support business investment decisions which means they must hold the appropriate balance between costs, risks and quality of the product
– Create innovative and practical designs that account for the end-to-end technical solution of a system, in line with the business strategy and objectives and within the context of our technology environment.
– Ensure relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices are applied correctly across Technology programs/projects and products.
– Contribute to the development of architecture governance structures, methodologies and compliance activities
– Demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills that are required to operate as a leading member of global, distributed teams that deliver quality services and solutions.
– Cultivate lasting relationships across business, IT and vendors / industry analysts to maintain insight into the broader enterprise as well as industry trends.
– Recognizes industry technology trends and emerging technologies, understands how they apply to us and can drive their adoption into our organization.
– Evangelizes and encourages the importance of technical quality, emerging technologies, sharing & experimentation across the org through mentoring, hackathons, communities etc.
– Guide others in resolving complex issues in solution architecture and solves complex, escalated aspects of a project
3 Essential skills
– Proven track record as a Solution Architect delivering appropriate designs integrating cross technology solutions covering a variety of technologies.
– Ability to work across multiple projects with varied stakeholders
– Proven track record of working in complex and multi-faceted organisations using a wide variety of current and legacy IT technology components.
Experience and Qualifications required
– Advanced understanding of solution architecture.
– Ability to adopt and relate new technologies to the set of problems we face while adhering to security and other standards
– Ability to communicate solutions, ideas, suggestions to a variety of (business) stakeholders effectively and comprehensibly
– Strategic business acumen and understanding of organizational strategy
– Deep understanding of Application, Infrastructure and security architecture and non-functional aspects like Performance, Scalability, Reliability, Availability,… all the so-called “capabilities” of a system
– Ability to navigate the organization to facilitate work beyond the immediate technical team
– Strong collaboration abilities – willingness to share ideas, documentation and leading practices
– Conceptual and analytical skills – ability to extract, analyze, and document complex business and technical requirements/strategies
– Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Engineering, Computer Science, IT, Mathematics, Economics
– A minimum of 10+ years overall IT industry experience
– A minimum of 3+ years in a solution or technical architect role using service and hosting solutions such as private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS platforms
Desirable Experience and Qualifications required
– Experience with Agile & DevSecOps methodologies;
– Experience of programme delivery environment in Manufacturing & Supply Chain
– A broad understanding of Technology, including service offerings, technical standards and policies, technical and business strategies as well as organizational structure
– Competent user of Planview & Jira toolsets
– Experience in data movement and transformation technologies
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.
Whitehall Resources are an equal opportunities employer who value a diverse and inclusive working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics.