OAT Test Analyst
OAT Test Analyst
Whitehall Resources currently require a OAT Test Analyst to work with a key client.
Who you’ll be working with
Our client deliver a wide variety of projects across multiple technology platforms into numerous business areas. It is a fast paced and challenging environment to work within. We are looking for dynamic, ambitious individuals who want to become part of our high performing teams.
What you’ll do
* Test execution and co-ordination of the Test Scenarios for the Operational Acceptance Test (OAT) stage with technical teams (Middleware, DBA, Support Engineers)
* Provision of technical direction and governance (for OAT).
* Chair Technical FMEA calls to develop the failure points of the newly identified infrastructure
* Create Test Scenarios from technical documentation and identify any dependencies
* Work with the Technical teams to review and assure the OAT Test Scenarios
* Ensuring all subordinate test documentation (e.g. test scenario) is produced by the appropriate individual and reviewed.
* Knows Infrastructure tests that will ensure there is coverage of both expected and unexpected behaviour
* Taking responsibility for test coverage within the team where necessary
* Works to maintain tests and ensure regression testing is performed to avoid regression issues.
* Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
* Strong Infrastructure Technical skills with experience of working in AWS environment
* Strong experience in SQL to Oracle migrations and understanding of databases
* Minimum 5 years Infrastructure experience (with at least 3 years focused on Non-Functional Testing)
* Good understanding of Risk Based Testing (RBT) and Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA)
* Good understanding of agile delivery lifecycles
* Experience with JIRA and Confluence
* Experience with JMeter
* Experience with Business Continuity Testing
* Able to hold complex test discussions with architects, SMEs and Operational Teams
* Experience with technical teams (DevOps, DBA) and chairing test calls, running test execution
* Experience with Infrastructure set-up / design, understanding of Fail-overs, Data guard, Database (Oracle / SQL)
* ISTQB Advanced Level Technical test analyst
Essential Personal Qualities:
* A strong teamwork ethic with a proven ability to work collaboratively
* Outstanding communications and interpersonal capabilities – both written and verbal
* Highly developed critical thinking, interpretative and analytical abilities
* A strong eye for detail and keen focus on results, with a flexible ‘can do’ approach
* A willingness to learn, grow and stretch into new roles and different industries
* Rigorous, attention to detail, assertive and confident
* Ability to present test results both in technical terms and in non-technical (summary) terms, internally.
* Ability to work both in isolation, managing one’s own time, and leading a small team.
* Flexibility and creativity in working around logistic and technical blockers
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.