OAT Test Analyst
Whitehall Resources are currently looking for an OAT Test Analyst located in Essex for an initial 6 Month Contract.
**This role has been deemed as INSIDE of IR35**
Who you’ll be working with
The Test and Release Service is part of our global group and the Industry leaders in testing services delivering across the public sector in the UK. We deliver a wide variety of projects across multiple technology platforms into numerous business areas. It is a fast paced and challenging environment to work within. We are looking for dynamic, ambitious individuals who want to become part of our high performing teams.
The Customs Declaration Service (CDS) Programme is the UK’s most important IT programme, supporting the transition of Customs Declarations from the existing CHIEF service in support of 150,000 traders making 55m declarations per annum.
What you’ll do:
– Test execution and co-ordination of the Test Scenarios for the Operational Acceptance Test (OAT) stage with technical teams (Middleware, DBA, Support Engineers)
– Provision of technical direction and governance (for OAT).
– Chair Technical FMEA calls to develop the failure points of the newly identified infrastructure
– Create Test Scenarios from technical documentation and identify any dependencies
– Work with the Technical teams to review and assure the OAT Test Scenarios
– Ensuring all subordinate test documentation (e.g. test scenario) is produced by the appropriate individual and reviewed.
– Knows Infrastructure tests that will ensure there is coverage of both expected and unexpected behaviour
– Taking responsibility for test coverage within the team where necessary
– Works to maintain tests and ensure regression testing is performed to avoid regression issues.
– Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
– Strong Infrastructure Technical skills with experience of working in AWS environment
– Strong experience in SQL to Oracle migrations and understanding of databases
– Minimum 5 years Infrastructure experience (with at least 3 years focused on Non-Functional Testing)
– Good understanding of Risk Based Testing (RBT) and Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA)
– Good understanding of agile delivery lifecycles
– Experience with JIRA and Confluence
– Experience with JMeter
– Experience with Business Continuity Testing
– Able to hold complex test discussions with architects, SMEs and Operational Teams
– Experience with technical teams (DevOps, DBA) and chairing test calls, running test execution
– Experience with Infrastructure set-up / design, understanding of Fail-overs, Data guard, Database (Oracle / SQL)
– ISTQB Advanced Level Technical test analyst
Essential Personal Qualities:
– A strong teamwork ethic with a proven ability to work collaboratively
– Outstanding communications and interpersonal capabilities – both written and verbal
– Highly developed critical thinking, interpretative and analytical abilities
– A strong eye for detail and keen focus on results, with a flexible ‘can do’ approach
– A willingness to learn, grow and stretch into new roles and different industries
– Rigorous, attention to detail, assertive and confident
– Ability to present test results both in technical terms and in non-technical (summary) terms, internally.
– Ability to work both in isolation, managing one’s own time, and leading a small team.
– Flexibility and creativity in working around logistic and technical blockers
– Java with Reactive Streams / Spring Boot / Spring WebFlux
– PostgreSQL or equivalent relational database
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.