Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a Platform Engineer located in Telford for an initial 6 Month Contract.
**YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO USE AN UMBRELLA COMPANY FOR THIS ROLE**
You will have:
– A good understanding of cloud and architecting for the cloud, as well as understanding how to best shape the services we are delivering; focusing on simplicity, decoupling, testing, iteration and deployment.
– A good understanding of cross discipline and matrix teams, an appreciation of where the industry is heading and be incredibly collaborative.
– Actively creating Dev Ops ways of working by removing silos between traditional functional teams
– Undertake cross-functional engineering projects, working in small teams with other engineers in different knowledge spheres, building supportable, sustainable and reliable services
– Provide consultation to projects on how to configure applications to meet their requirements
– Linux, AWSAPI/CLI, Docker/Kubernetes/Docker Swarm, Configuration Management tools
– Any additional knowledge/experience with Serverspec, Vault, Consul, Packer, Rancher
– Good understanding of Networks
– Experience of implementing and administering logging, telemetry and monitoring tools like Splunk/ELK
– Strong Linux and troubleshooting skills, scripting and automation.
– Strong AWS API/CLI and experience of working with either Terraform or AWS
– A minimum of 1 year working with Docker/Kubernetes/Docker swarm
– A good understanding of using robust Software Engineering best practices/methodologies
– Ability to converse with both internal and external stakeholders, holding the appropriate level of conversation at all times.
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.