Project Support Officer
Project Support Officer
Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a Project Support Officer. This role is currently on site in Cheshire 3 days a week and remote working the other 2 days.
The Project Support Officer will support the UK Project Delivery Organization managing the IT portfolio. The role can support any stage in the project lifecycle as it relates to end to end financial and resource components. This role is also required to help support PMs in certain areas of SNOW (ServiceNow), Financial Tracking, and Coupa.
– Gain expertise in the procurement process leveraging the Coupa system.
– Become the local SME for answering questions on the process to purchase IT goods and service as well as invoicing and tracking these items.
– Manage requisition, purchasing and invoicing flow across many projects within the Commercial IT portfolio in conjunction with Sr PM/PM.
– Manage the financial flow of IT spend across the Brand areas working with Capability leads and PMs
– Work with Capability leads/PMs to ensure accruals are submitted and processed on time for the POs being managed
– Work collaboratively with 3rd party vendors related to investigations, PO creation/processing, and invoicing
– Proactively investigate areas which raise concerns based on the data being show in the month-end reporting
– Keep budget tracking up to date for portfolio projects aligned to
– Support the creation of resource records and alignment in the Project management software to ensure recharge records hit appropriately
– Support PMs with status reporting and RAID management as needed.
– Support the quarterly resource allocation process in SNOW (ServiceNow).
– Help with on boarding new PMs to budget tracking, accrual process, NTI Timing and the use of the Coupa and SNOW tools as needed
– Assist with WD8 activities for PMs
– Recommend, Plan and execute opportunities for optimization and process improvement
Work collaboratively with:
– Portfolio Management
– Supplier Management function to assist in management of purchasing and invoicing.
– Internal and External Suppliers to assist in management of purchasing and invoicing related to delivery and resourcing
– SDC leadership team, PMs and Capability leads for support of all aspects related to budget management
– Relevant proven experience
– 24+ months in a project delivery/project coordination role.
Skills and Capabilities:
– Project Management skills
– Good communication and organisational skills
– Good business acumen with sensitivity to environment
– Financial Acumen
– Microsoft Office proficiency (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
– Experience of working with internal and third party suppliers.
– Experience leading small teams and activities.
– Exposure to Agile, Lean & Six Sigma Skills
– Experience with Coupa and ServiceNow
– Project management certifications
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.
Whitehall Resources are an equal opportunities employer who value a diverse and inclusive working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics.