**This role has been deemed as INSIDE of IR35**
NTT DATA Services currently seeks multiple Scrum Masters to join our teams at Bracknell, UK.
The Agile Scrum Master is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating agile project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering agile projects that provide exceptional business value. The Scrum Master may be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions.
At an enterprise level, leading and managing large, complex enterprise-level projects consisting of multiple Agile teams and/or requiring integration with other activities outside the scope of the Agile teams.
At a team level, playing a consultative role to help put in place the appropriate people, process, and tools and coaching members of the team as needed to optimize the efficiency of the project team.
In performing these roles, the Scrum Master will be expected to use a high level of knowledge and experience in blending traditional project management principles and practices with an Agile development approach in the right proportions to fit large, complex, mission-critical, enterprise-level projects and with the appropriate level of planning and provide the right balance of agility and predictability.
Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
A proven track record of successfully implementing Cloud BI or analytics projects using Agile methodologies including 8+ years of experience as a Scrum Master leading large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams.
Skills of Scrum Master:
– Scrum master is responsible to facilitating daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings.
– Possesses conflict resolution, does conversation by focusing on scrum values of openness, honesty and respect.
– Should be a friendly communicative person, because when team is moving fast in Agile, communication is the effective force which holds the team together.
– Needs to forecast the numbers of deliverables possible in an iteration, which is based on evidence and reliable source.
– Needs to be expert in estimation and planning. He knows how to create useful, reliable and practical plans for software development projects.
– Should be a good coach in Agile practices. S/he can coach individuals and interactions over processes and tools.
– Help team or individual to clarify goals and actions to achieve them.
– Ability to shield his team from outside distractions and interferences.
– Ability to ensure the correct use of scrum process.
– Ability to track and remove impediments.
– Scrum master is a servant leader, who serves his team members before considering about himself
Duties of a Scrum Master:
– Facilitate the team for better creativity and tries to improve the efficiency of the development team.
– Responsible for managing the scrum process with the coordination of scrum team in Agile methodology.
– Responsible to remove the impediments for the scrum team.
– Arrange daily stand-up meetings, facilitate meetings, schedule meetings, demo and decision-making processes in order to ensure quick inspection and proper use of adaptation process.
– Helps product owner to make the product backlogs in good shape and make them ready for the next sprint.
– Responsible to Conduct retrospective meetings.
– Organizes and facilitates the sprint planning meeting.
– Helps team in grooming stories and estimating
– Acts as safeguard for the team.
– Knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.
– Good skills to coach team how to follow agile scrum, which really works.
– Understand the basic fundamentals of iterative and incremental development.
– Strong knowledge of Scrum theory, rules and practices.
– Knowledge of other Agile approaches, like: Kanban, FDD, XP, etc.
– Knowledge about other methodologies other than Agile-Scrum, so that S/he can explain other methodologies to motivate the team.
– Knowledge of software development processes and procedures to understand the team needs.
– Should have knowledge about Agile techniques like: User Stories, Continuous Integration, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
– Ability to take and understand the commitment to deliver the product on time.
– Know about the value of metrics and incremental delivery.
– Knowledge about tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc.
– Familiar with common development practices, Service oriented environments, and Agile practices.
– Worked on Cloud BI or analytics software development projects.
– 10yrs + Scrum Master experience in any well-known software environment.
– Having 2+ years’ minimum experience in managing Business Intelligence projects
– 2+ years of experience in JIRA and Confluence or similar tools
– 5+ Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 15-20 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Personnel
– Must be a Certified Scrum Master or PMI-ACP certified
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.