Security Specialist – SC Cleared
Security Specialist – SC Cleared
Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a Security Specialist based in Southend on Sea for an initial 3-to-6-month contract.
*** PLEASE NOTE THIS HAS BEEN DEEMED INSIDE IR35 ***
Job spec –
Typical activities will include governance over engagement risk assessment activities and supporting the identification of business impacts and security requirements.
The Security Specialist will provide advice and guidance on compliance with their policy, standards and best practice. Provide technical advice and guidance on compliance with formal assurance requirements and best practise.
They will convert identified risks & vulnerabilities into security requirements, and security requirements into solutions. They will provide advice on risk mitigation strategies, scoping of vulnerability assessments & interpretation of results to ensure a security “strategic fit” of the solution.
The Security Specialist is accountable for the identification of appropriate countermeasures to address identified deficiencies and for delivering advice and design solutions with reference to policy and good practise. They are responsible for defining, implementing, and communicating all project security objectives within assigned projects to key stakeholders, from Discovery through to the delivery of a solution.
– Develops and communicates corporate information security policy, standards, and guidelines. Contributes to the development of engagement strategies that address information control requirements. Identifies and monitors environmental and market trends and pro-actively assesses impact on business strategies, benefits, and risks. Leads the provision of authoritative advice and guidance on the requirements for security controls in collaboration with experts in other functions e.g., legal, technical support. Ensures architectural principles are applied during design to reduce risk and drives adoption and adherence to policy, standards, and guidelines.
– Leads the development of architectures for complex systems, ensuring consistency with specified requirements agreed with both external, and internal customers. Takes full responsibility for the balance between functional, service quality and systems management requirements within a significant area of the organisation. Establishes policy and strategy for the selection of systems architecture components, and co-ordinates design activities, promoting the discipline to ensure consistency. Ensures that appropriate standards (corporate, industry, national and international) are adhered to. Within a business change programme, manages the target design, policies, and standards, working proactively to maintain a stable, viable architecture and ensure consistency of design across projects within the programme.
– Has defined authority and responsibility for a significant area of work, including technical, financial, and quality aspects. Establishes engagement objectives and delegates responsibilities. Is accountable for actions and decisions taken by self and subordinates.
– Influences policy formation on the contribution of own specialism to business objectives. Influences a significant part of own organisation and influences customers/suppliers and industry at senior management level. Makes decisions which impact the work of employing organisations, achievement of engagement objectives and financial performance. Develops high-level relationships with customers, suppliers, and industry leaders.
– Performs highly complex work activities covering technical, financial, and quality aspects. Contributes to the formulation of IT strategy. Creatively applies a wide range of technical and/or management principles.
– Absorbs complex technical information and communicates effectively at all levels to both technical and non-technical audiences. – – Assesses and evaluates risk. Understands the implications of new technologies. Demonstrates clear leadership and the ability to influence and persuade. Has a broad understanding of all aspects of IT and deep understanding of own specialism(s). Understands and communicates the role and impact of IT in the employing organisation and promotes compliance with relevant legislation. Takes the initiative to keep both own and subordinates’ skills up to date and to maintain an awareness of developments in the IT industry.
– Cloud technologies
– Monitoring of compliance with the controls that are in the Development and Deployment processes and tools
– JIRA and Confluence
Preferable: CCP SIRA accreditation
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.