Senior Data Engineer
Senior Data Engineer
Whitehall Resources currently require an experienced Senior Data Engineer to work with a key client
As a Senior Data Engineer, you are a go-to person working as part of a cross-functional team or a practice team that enables data engineering skills and capabilities across a whole domain. Being an enthusiast in data engineering, with an advanced DevSecOps mindset, you’ll use your excellent collaboration skills to work with your team to deliver the best answers to our customers’ needs with full responsibility for its data flows, from design to operation. You care diligently about the quality of your work, including proper documentation and security aspects.
You will use your deep technical skills to work closely with your colleagues to ensure an optimal data delivery architecture which is consistent throughout ongoing highly complex projects. You will work on data collection, data pipelines, data delivery to other systems and building an advanced core data warehouse. Furthermore, you support your fellow Data Analysts and Data Scientists on data engineering tasks and work as a team to deliver data driven solutions. With your advanced skillset for understanding and solving problems you are able to take full ownership of complex topics or multi-faceted initiatives and outcomes panning across your domain.
You are able to verbalise your thoughts and ideas and take the initiative to translate ideas into outcomes. Together with the domain’s teams as well as the Group Enabler teams you will research, evaluate and test new approaches, processes and tools and help teams to use them effectively. You take part in Communities of Practice, including collaboration in shared initiatives to grow your experience. You regularly coach, guide and develop more junior colleagues.
You love to work in an international, multi-cultural team. You challenge constructively and have high expectations of yourself and others. You always drive for technical excellence, ownership and self-organisation at team and personal level. You love to learn and acquire new skills and keep up to date with latest developments in your focus areas.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
* Experienced in design, implementation and use of different database structures
* Outstanding SQL and data profiling skills, ideally Snowflake
* Advanced experience with building ETL/ELT pipelines (e.g SQL, Python, DBT, Airflow etc )
* Strong hands on experience with modern data storage systems (e.g. multiple AWS technologies, Snowflake, Tableau, Gitlab, Datadog etc)
* On the spot conversion of high-level business & technical requirements into technical specs
* Strong skillset in using cloud technologies (AWS preferred)
* Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services
* Demonstrating true engineering craftsmanship mindset
* Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration, and great teams
* Compelling coaching and training skills for imparting professional software engineering skills
* Strong problem-solving skills coupled with good communication skills
* Understanding of social and ethical implications of software engineering (e.g., like described in the ACM Code of Ethics)
* Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
* Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.