Software Developer – Python
Software Developer – Python
Whitehall Resources require a Software Developer with strong Python skills to work with a key client on an initial 6 month contract.
*This role has been deemed as inside IR35.
*This role will be largely remote with occasional visits to London.
* Software – You are an expert software engineer and will work in team of focused engineers building real time live backend services. You will be a key contributor of one or more data products as part of a portfolio of commercial products, and these products are often backed or have baked in elements of data science and machine learning.
* Technology – You will lead a team through a complicated technology landscape. You have experience working with cloud and open source technologies, and choosing appropriate technologies required to build the services required.
* Quality – You work with your management chain to determine and ensure coding, testing, performance standards related to software engineering are built into the team and adhered to.
* Operations – Work closely with the Platform Engineering team to ensure data products are deployed in an optimal configuration on our existing data platforms, and you will take responsibility for the operation of real time services.
* Stakeholders – You must be able to turn stakeholder requirements into competent technology requirements. You influence the direction of the stakeholders and senior leaders for your individual product. You must consider the availability of resources – data, time, engineering in order to accomplish this. As results are available, you must be able to explain these clearly to your stakeholders and suggest next steps.
* Learning – You lead by example and help mentor more junior engineers on their learning plans.
* Style – You think about the team first and how things fit together as a priority, when you do work, it naturally makes the rest of the team more effective.
* Software – 5+ years’ experience in software development, with several years working on real time services in a cloud environment, building the backend for high performance web or mobile sites.
* Technology – Evidence of experience choosing appropriate technologies and architecture in solving complex problem with performance requirements
* Quality / Operations – Evidence of owning a backend service end to end, ensuring the service is performance, available and accurate.
* Stakeholders – Evidence of gathering stakeholder requirements and transforming them into a software solution in complicated systems
* Style – Evidence of mentoring, evaluating and elevating the team you are working in.
Knowledge – What you know and what you are like
* Software – You have formal education in a computer science or maths based field at university level. Or experience that close the gap.
* Engineering – Strong knowledge of Python and relevant libraries – knowledge in other programming languages is also valuable, but this is primarily a Python shop. Experience with things like CI/CD pipelines, Docker or similar, cloud hosting, good software engineering practices.
* Stakeholders – Excellent interpersonal skills offering ability to explain complex techniques to non-technical audience. You can differentiate from what they tell you and what they really need to achieve and turn it into technical requirements.
* Personal – You will evidence that you are continuing to stay current in a changing field. Be proactive and creative while considering approaches to use technology and data to solve problems.
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.
Whitehall Resources are an equal opportunities employer who value a diverse and inclusive working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics.