Tax Project Manager
Tax Project Manager
Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a Tax Project Manager. This role is currently working remotely with 1 day per week on site in Luton.
In Finance Architecture, Change & Transformation, we support this ambition by being trusted partners for change excellence and building long-term capabilities to make us future-fit. This is where you could come in. Working in Finance Change & Transformation is fast-paced, dynamic and challenging. We are looking for people who want to seize the opportunity to take an exciting step in their personal development journey and play a fundamental part of delivering a world-class finance organisation.
Our Project Managers lead our projects on-time, on-budget and in adherence with quality and compliance standards. The role has responsibility for both people and shaping programme solutions and acts as a liaison between the programme and business stakeholders to ensure that business requirements are effectively translated into solutions and benefits are understood. They will support the development and management of supplier contracts, and manage programme transitions to business-as-usual services. The role ensures that project teams adopt quality and compliance standards, policies and procedures.
– Sets, creates and drives project governance
– Creates and executes project plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements to ensure deliverables are met effectively and efficiently
– Manages large and complex projects, including the initiation and maintenance of supplier contracts
– Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities
– Manages relationships with key business stakeholders and ensures that business requirements are effectively captured and the impact of project/programmes are understood by the business
– Builds and leads project teams, communicating roles and responsibilities whilst encouraging teamwork and collaboration amongst the team and business stakeholders
– Applies highly developed specialist knowledge and skills in project management, project planning, budgets and methodologies
– Reviews deliverables prepared by team and provides sign-off prior to engaging business stakeholders
– Resolves complex quality and compliance risks and issues and ensure team adopts quality assurance policies and procedures
– Drives collaboration and knowledge sharing amongst project teams
– Identifies and drives resolution of risks and issues
– Undertakes engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures
– Manages project budget and ensures escalation of cost changes
– Develops project planning and action logs, risks and issues reports
– Develops transition plans into business areas and ensure controlled hand-overs to users and business as usual processes
Education/Skills and Experience:
– Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
– 10+ years experience in programme/project management within Finance Function or Finance Transformation environment, with a proven track record
– Experience of Tax as a function within a corporate environment would be advantageous
– Evidence of shaping and developing innovative solutions that have a major impact within the business area and organisation
– Ability to interpret and communicate technical information into business language and in alignment with AZ business
– Proven track record in delivering high risk programme/projects and decision making
– Experience of working within a quality and compliance environment and application of policies, procedures and guidelines
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.
Whitehall Resources are an equal opportunities employer who value a diverse and inclusive working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics.