Whitehall Resources are looking for an experienced DevOps engineer for an initial 6 month contract in London.
You will work on everything from transitioning the performance teams’ infrastructure to AWS, helping us move to an orchestrated container-based service architecture (Kubernetes and Docker). The performance infrastructure is under constant load, simulating various production scenarios in addition to testing our resiliency and reliability posture.
Your primary stakeholders are the performance and reliability engineering teams but you’ll work closely with several other platform teams to achieve your goals.
Key Tasks/ Deliverables:
– Create AWS performance lab environment in line with platform requirements
– On-board and maintain components within our dedicated performance environment
– Consolidate existing physical lab servers into AWS environment
– Manage and monitor systems to ensure that issues are quickly identified and resolved
– Collaborate with various platform teams to plan and execute system changes e.g. security and audit controls
– Automate manual activities
Essential Skills/ Experience:
– Good interpersonal skills and willingness to work across teams
– Strong Linux background
– Strong experience in AWS
– Experience with container orchestration, e.g. Kubernetes
– Proficiency with scripting languages, Bash or Python preferred
– Exposure to automation tools, preferably Ansible (we have lots of servers and need to manage them in an automated way)
– Ability to work quickly and effectively whilst maintaining quality
– Desire to evaluate and learn new technologies to tackle real user problems effectively
Desirable Skills/ Experience
– Experience with managing Docker at scale
– Experience managing infrastructure in multi-tiered web architecture
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.