Whitehall Resources are looking for an experienced DevOps engineer for an initial 6 month contract in London.
You will work on everything from implementing AWS best practices across all our accounts, to orchestrating container-based service architecture with Kubernetes. You’ll be working in the “Platform AWS” team but will interact with various teams as we onboard more applications onto the cloud.
Key Tasks/ Deliverables:
– Support a new AWS performance lab environment in line with platform requirements
– Onboard and maintain components within our dedicated performance environment
– Manage and monitor systems to ensure that issues are quickly identified and resolved
– Collaborate with various platform teams to plan and execute system changes e.g security and audit controls
– Automate manual activities
Essential Skills/ Experience:
– You have a very strong experience in managing production systems in AWS at scale
– You like to write Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform & CloudFormation) instead of doing manual tasks
– You come from a Linux background
– You have experience with container orchestration, e.g. Kubernetes
– You are a capable coder in either Python or Go.
– You live and breathe automation
– You understand DNS, TCP/IP and networking concepts and how to apply them to a Cloud-based environment.
– You possess a deep understanding of DevOps and Agile methodologies and concepts.
– Ability to work quickly and effectively whilst maintaining quality
– You have a desire to evaluate and learn new technologies to tackle real user problems effectively
– You have good interpersonal skills and willingness to work across teams
– Experience with managing Kubernetes at scale
– Experience managing infrastructure with multi-tiered and multi-region web architecture
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.