Whitehall Resources currently require an experienced Information Architect to work with a key client based in Cambridgeshire.
The holder should deliver tangible value to the S&EUIT stakeholders through the optimal design of data and information architectures to support business objectives. Key will be ensuring data is Findable, Accessible, Interoperable and Reusable (FAIR) across our systems, ready for either direct use by consumers or AI machines. They will be responsible for designing and documenting data flows across the estate, designing data models for analytics/reporting, assessing feasibility of data models, working with business data governance groups in establishing data standards (master, reference, structure) and working with solution architects on data integration and service architectures. They will contribute to developing Info Arch best practice – tooling, methods, standards, skills, documentation and training.
The role will work closely with 5 key stakeholder groups:
* Enterprise & Technical Architecture – ensuring an integrated technical, process & data architecture
* Data Engineering to guide IA design implementation,
* Business Data Governance groups to align data strategies re quality/use with architecture
* Product owners ensuring understanding of business outcome in the detailed design of the IA.
* Wider Information Architecture design to ensure alignment across the data estate.
* Support the delivery of the D&A portfolio through the provision of integrated IA services and design, including:
– Data flow design across the function: within sub capabilities (from System of Record to Analytics applications) as well as across capability areas or where data is sourced from other functions
– Information model design (conceptual, logical and physical) – for both analytical solutions (ODS & Marts, etc) but also for systems of record.
– Data transformation design between systems/models
– Measure and Metric, and associated business rules, design and management
– Actual data lineage documentation
– Input into business blueprints and Master Data Design across the supported functions
– Adoption of Internal and external data standards, esp wrt to Master Data, reference taxonomies/ontologies and data formats.
* Support the development of the IA strategy and roadmap for aligned function, in line with business strategy and data requirements.
* Lead IA on small/medium size S&EUIT portfolio projects or support the Senior IA lead on major investments, delivering IA blueprints and design, in line with functional IA roadmaps
* Attend the IARB to represent project IA reviews.
* Support the development of IA best practice and standards re tooling, methods, standards, skills, documentation and training
* Evangelise what IA is and the value and impact of good IA design and governance to both IT and business teams.
* Establish strong working relationship with business groups to develop an in-depth understanding of business priorities, data requirements & use as well as early insight into changing needs.
* Maintain an on-going professional development in IA best practice and innovation.
Candidate Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* 5 years plus experience in data/information architecture or related discipline (solution architecture, data engineering).
* Deep knowledge of scientific and clinical pharmaceutical processes and data.
* BSc / MSc in Computer Science
* Experience of working with a range of BI & analytics architectures: traditional warehousing, Distributed computing (Hadoop), NoSQL, virtualization, data streaming etc.
* Experience of working with data scientists and their methods: understanding of how data needs to be prepared for use by data scientists.
* Experience of delivering IA within IT projects delivered through Agil
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.