AWS/Big Data Specialist
AWS/Big Data Engineer
Whitehall Resources are looking for a AWS/Big Data Engineer
Working in our Data Operations team you will be a key member, responsible for deploying and developing our existing AWS cloud solutions, building and supporting platforms to enable our team of analysts and data engineers to migrate from our on-premise solution toward our strategy to create a world-class Big Data platform.
– You will contribute to the design, build and running of our AWS Data platforms to bring increased flexibility, scalability and efficiency to infrastructure.
– You will be expected to cultivate relationships with developers, analysts, engineers and other technology partners and stakeholders to understand their needs.
– You will provide mentorship and technical direction to on and off-shore team-members and evangelize best practices and methodologies.
– As well as being a passionate advocate of cloud computing, you have solid professional experience of AWS architecture and administration in production environments.
– Expert knowledge of Terraform and automation tooling including Jenkins Docker, Kube and other open source devops technologies.
– You have experience building and troubleshooting front and backend services preferably in an online business environment.
– You have a deep understanding of networking and security and how to apply them to a Cloud-based environment including AWS networking services such as VPCs, Security Groups, NACLs and IAM roles.
– You are a capable building, and can demonstrate a history of developing, your own solutions to fix complex issues
– Experience with building monitoring tools for availability, usage & performance
– Youve spent some time with Big Data application ecosystem running on Hadoop, EMR, R Studio.
– You have hands on experience with containerisation (Docker) and resource scheduling (Kubernetes).
– You possess a deep understanding of DevOps and Agile methodologies and concepts.
– You are confident writing robust Infrastructure as Code and have used tools like Terraform and integrated with other tools such as Vault and Jenkins.
– You have knowledge of configuration management tools and techniques.
– You have some DBA experience (Postgresql, mysql)
– Experience in Java, SQL, R & Scripting (Python or Shell)
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.