This position has been filled
AWS DevOps Engineer
DevOps Engineer required by Whitehall Resources for an initial 3 month contract based in West Yorkshire
We are looking for a Senior DevOps engineer, certified to AWS DevOps Engineer professional, to support an organisation in the development and deployment of an application stack on AWS to multiple regions, that will cover IAAS, PAAS and Serverless components.
– Ensure scalability, reliability, security and efficiency of the companys systems.
– Review, lead and deploy the application stack onto AWS using automation, DevOps and industry best practices.
– Act as a subject matter expert with the scope of the team.
– Work with other DevOps team members to accelerate software delivery.
– Build CI/CD automation to prevent problem recurrence.
– Coaching and mentoring of other team members.
– Extremely hands-on, highly technical with strong experience in systems engineering.
– AWS DevOps Certified Professional
– In-depth understanding of:
Linux and Microsoft operating systems;
delivering Infrastructure, Platform and Software as a Service solutions using AWS Public Cloud services, such as AWS and open source technologies such as Jenkins, Octopus Deploy, Bash, Jira, Confluence and Gitlab
– Experience deploying custom Software Applications
– Networking experience and understanding of network protocols (eg TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, etc) OSI layers, DNS, VPN, Firewall and load balancing.
– Proven experience working with Infrastructure as Code, configuration management systems and CI/CD.
– Operational experience working with large, highly available, highly transactional systems on private and public clouds.
– Good all round experience designing and deploying following AWS Services:
– API Gateways
– Systems Manager Parameter Store
– Certificate Manager
– Elastic Beastalk Applications
– Load Balancers
– Simple Queue Service
– Simple Notification Service
– Auto Scaling
– Aviatrix for AWS
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.