ETL Developer required by Whitehall Resources on an initial 6 month contract based in Essex.
*MUST HAVE ACTIVE SC CLEARANCE*
*PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE IS INSIDE IR35*
As an ETL Developer, you will be responsible for developing code to deliver accurate, efficient data solutions which meet customer needs to agreed timescales.
As an ETL Developer you will ensure the stability, robustness and resilience of the products you build, and be in a position to affect changes to these products where necessary.
– Produce comprehensive test scripts to ensure code quality
– Define version control mechanisms and strategies for the source code of the product
– Collaborate across teams and liaise with Senior Data Engineers and Technical architects to investigate technical solutions
– Responsible for maintaining the support and implementation of continuous improvement to build standards
– Developing automated data ingest routines, workflows and mappings for structured and – unstructured data
– Translate customer requirements to develop effective, robust solutions in line with build standards and are production ready
– Experience of UNIX shell scripting
– In-depth working of one or more of the following – informatica, PLSQL, Unix, Hbase, Hive, Spark, MongoDB, Postgres
– Significant and demonstrable knowledge of SQL databases
Mandatory Technical Skill:
– Hands-on experience of database architecture, relational database diagrams and integrity constraints
– Knowledge of data reconciliation, ETL error handling, error logging mechanisms using best practice
– Extensive working knowledge and experience with TEL/Data integration
– Significant and demonstrable experience implementing Data Engineering standards
– Knowledge and understanding of producing unit-test scripts and version control methodologies
– An in-depth understanding of ETL concepts, ETL loading strategy, Data archiving, Data reconciliation, Data manipulation, ETL Error handling, Error logging mechanism, standards and best practice with hands-on experience in developing ETL solutions
– Good working knowledge of Data Warehouse techniques for dimensional data modelling, relational database design, ETL techniques and data analysis
Mandatory Business Skill:
– Experience of leading data engineers in complex, multi-disciplinary environment, delivering products within specific time-scales and engaging with multiple senior stakeholders
– An ability to quickly comprehend and convert business requirements into technical solutions
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.