This position has been filled
Azure/DevOps Engineer - SC Clearance
Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a Azure/DevOps Engineer
– Design the hosting environment based on requirements, notable around security, authentication, sizing, availability, resilience, monitoring and alerting;
– Build a costing model of the environment, looking for appropriate cost-savings;
– Assess the suitability of any supplier produced scripts providing feedback where required.
– Develop and test scripts for building the required environments (e.g. test, dev, and production), making use of supplier produced scripts where appropriate and according to approved design standards. Deposit the code in the required Home Office repository.
– Develop and test automated scripts for deploying the ePMS application into the environment, including the provision for handling new application releases and according to approved design standards. Deposit the code in the required Home Office repository.
– Document running instructions for the use of the developed scripts.
– Educate team members in building and administering environments based on the developed scripts.
– Assist, as required, with the security assurance and accreditation of any environment
– Pro-actively engage with the application supplier to inform and plan work
– Support and mentor other team members, as required
– Script the building of the environment using Powershell;
– Script data loads into the Azure SQL database;
– Administer the Azure environments in use by the project, ensuring environments are built to a configuration as required by the project team.
Core skills requirements:
– Good knowledge of Azure, especially:
– Azure SQL
– Azure Web Apps
– Azure AD
– PowerShell scripting
– Good security awareness
– Proactive team-player with good verbal and written communication.
– Oracle database and PL/SQL (desirable)
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.