Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a Test Engineer located in Yorkshire for an initial 6 month contract.
As a Test Engineer you will be responsible for the testing of products, which make up our citizen services.
You will be responsible for the operational stability of the products you test, and be in a position to affect change in the on-going robustness, resilience and stability of those products.
You will contribute to the overall Software Development Lifecycle Process within Software Engineering, following the agreed test principles to ensure the products developed are fit for purpose.
You will ensure that the breadth and depth of testing is appropriate and proportionate, and takes a risk based approach.
– Deliver test products which ensure our services are fit for purpose for our customers to consume.
– Transform business requirements in to tests
– Ensure system robustness, resilience and stability
– Design and develop reusable libraries and services and promote reuse across the department
– Contribute to community discussions about best practice within Test Engineering
– Champion technical evolution within the organisation, find, test, agree and adopt emerging
– Be committed to continuous development
– Produce comprehensive suites of tests to ensure test coverage
– Assure there is a fit for purpose, robust test suite
– Provide coaching and mentoring to Test Engineers colleagues and peers
– Assist in the development of medium-long term strategies for products
– Ensure traceability of test coverage to requirements
– Identify and resolve issues preventing delivery or continuation of test engineering activities
– Collaborate across teams and liaise with others in the Software Development Lifecycle to investigate technical solutions
– Produce comprehensive technical documentation for wider consumption
– Carry out agreed test maintenance tasks
– Identify and create test data requirements
– Experience of working in a complex, multi-disciplinary environment, delivering products within specific timescales and engaging with multiple senior Stakeholders
– Understand key principles of modern standards approach and how they apply to the work they are undertaking, and will apply under guidance
– Ability to test interfaces between systems
– Identify test process optimisation opportunities and contribute to process optimisation
– Experience of utilising and implementing Test Engineering best practises and tools including HPW UFT 12.5+, Seleniuum v2.53.1+, Jenkins v2.11+
– Experience of Continuous Integration – Methodology and tools (i.e. GIT) Familiar with Agile
– Experience of working with Test Engineering collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence, and Slack
– Experience of Behaviour Driven Development tools
– Experience of modifying and maintaining tests developed by other Associate and Test Engineers
– Experience of testing public facing and internal REST APIs
– Experience of testing software within a Micro-Service architecture
– Exposure to working within multiple delivery methods; Agile, Iterative, Waterfall
– Aware of Performance Test Tools including HPE Loadrunner v12.53+, JMeter v3.0
– An awareness of Security test tools including Burp Suite Pro v1.6 or higher, OWASP ZAP 2.4.3 or higher, Nessus/Tenable v5.0 or higher
– Awareness of accessibility standards – WCAG (v2.0) and EN (301 549)
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.