Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a Data Engineer based in Yorkshire for an initial 6 month contract.
As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for developing accurate, efficient data solutions which meet customer needs to agreed timescales.
You will ensure the stability, robustness and resilience of the products you design and build, and be in a position to affect changes to those products where necessary.
You will maintain and support continuous improvement of data engineering standards and engage with stakeholders at all stages of the data engineering lifecycle, from pre- feasibility/discovery through to delivery.
As a Data Engineer you will provide leadership to develop junior data engineers and provide technical guidance alongside other data engineering functions for customers.
– Translate customer requirements to develop effective, robust data solutions in line with Data Engineering standards.
– Define version control mechanisms and strategies for the source code of the product
– Collaborate across teams and liaise with Senior Data Engineers and Technical Architects to investigate technical solutions
– Responsible for maintaining the support and implementation of continuous improvement to Data Engineering standards
– Work collaboratively with Quality Assurance colleagues and Data Managers responsible for the day to day testing and live running of data products and services
– Design and develop reusable metadata libraries and promote reuse across the department
– Identify, manage and resolve issues preventing delivery or continuation of development activities
– Effective stakeholder engagement at all stages of the Data Engineering project lifecycle, from pre-feasibility through to delivery
– Provide coaching and mentoring to colleagues and peers
– Contribute to community discussions about best practice within the Data Engineering community
– Experience of developing data solutions on Oracle, Cloudera or HortonWorks platforms
– An ability to quickly comprehend and convert business requirement into technical solutions
– Significant and demonstrable experience implementing Data Engineering best practices
– Experience of delivering using Agile and Waterfall project management methodologies
– Experience of leading, up skilling and motivating a team
– Strong communication skills (both oral and written) and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
– Experience of NoSQL databases and distributed file stores.
– Understanding of APIs.
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.