AWS DevOps Engineer - SC Cleared
AWS DevOps Engineer required by Whitehall Resources for a 9 month initial contract based in Croydon.
Youll undertake cross-functional engineering projects, working in small teams with other engineers in different knowledge spheres, building supportable, sustainable and reliable services.
Youll have hands-on experience with new technologies, such as containers (Docker, RKT) and the tool orchestration that surround these, (CoreOS / Etcd / Flannel / Kubernetes / Fleet etc.). Youll understand the pros and cons of these technologies and have experience on various implementations surrounding them, or similar tools in that technical space.
– Appetite for new technologies.
– System provisioning & automation, monitoring, metrics, scalability, security and hardening.
– Overall responsibility for the projects Linux infrastructure in relation to common standards.
– Responsible for the health and upkeep of the critical services.
– Active on remediating any knowledge gaps between Developers and Operations Engineers.
– Automation of Linux, providing frictionless access to services to the rest of the Engineering organisation.
– Working alongside other engineers in the industry, providing the code, services and knowledge to deliver a smooth automation process from the start to the end of the project lifecycle.
Things we seek:
– Good communication skills, both in written and verbal form.
– Knowledge in new technologies (Docker / Fleet / Etcd / Flannel / Kubernetes)
– Reasonable fluency in at least one of: ruby, go.
– Knowledge of HIDS, NIDS and security hardening.
– Extremely sound knowledge of GNU/Linux.
– Knowledge of configuration management tools (Puppet / Ansible), not essential but helps.
– Understanding of CI environments and how they facilitate the automation process with other orchestration tools.
– Experience of IP networking.
– Experience of building infrastructure in the cloud, (AWS) and designing for the cloud.
– Understanding of cloud concepts and how to automate the build over specific APIs within the cloud.
Things we like:
– Docker / RKT
– SkyDNS / Bind
– Quay.io / Artifactory
– Experience of configuring and managing ELK
– Ceph / Glusterfs
– CoreOS: Fleet / Etcd / Flannel / Rkt
– SysDig / Graphite / Prometheus
– Git / Github / Gitlab
– Ruby, Go
– SQL / NO-SQL DB’s
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.