Test Manager - Active Directory
Test Manager required by Whitehall Resources for an initial 6 month contract based in Warwickshire
– To engage and resource the clients System Operator’s testing requirements to support and deliver Programmes assuring quality and ensuring applications are delivered into a production environment that are well understood and fit for purpose.
– Working with the the clients Systems Operator Programme delivery teams, selected application & service suppliers and the clients businesses & operations teams the Programme Test Manager will be accountable to assure, govern and approve execution of test strategies, test planning and relationship management.
– Using appropriate testing tools and techniques which adhere to agree the clients Testing policy and standards, this role will ensure that new and modified software, together with interfaces; perform as specified and anticipated by the business requirements and functional specification documentation.
– Deliver programme documentation including test strategies, cost estimates, programme test plans and programme test reporting
– Agreement, management and regular review of testing KPIs and SLAs both as an internal service provider and externally to manage supplier deliverables where appropriate and support the external Market Participants and Settlement providers where required.
– Direct Management of the the clients test delivery manager / leads(s) identified to deliver the approved test phases to the Programme through assurance and governance and give direction and leadership to determine improvements to the role of testing within the Programme
– Accountable to ensure testing best practice, processes, policies and appropriate tool usage are applied to programme delivery
– Manage the programme testing effort and the publication of testing metrics required to manage the testing activities and support the programme application implementation decision making processes
– Manage third party test resources from the clients preferred test partner
– Operate as a specialist and consultant on all aspects of testing providing advice and management to determine the most appropriate testing strategies for programme delivery
– Liaise with Programme managers to manage expectations for each of the programme testing stages and agree ‘quality gate’ entry & exit criteria and corrective actions where appropriate
Skills and experience required:
– Solid Active Directory experience
– 5+ years providing testing delivery & quality assurance at Programme / Enterprise level
– Manage the delivery of approved testing phases through identified Test Manager / Lead(s)
– In depth knowledge of formal testing methodologies.
– Able to demonstrate an ability to provide test estimates and manage delivery to an agreed budget
– Able to demonstrate an understanding of the test phase life cycle.
– Knowledge of formal defect management.
– A strong understanding of the principles of testing
– Able to differentiate between the different phases of testing and their purposes.
– Knowledge of at least one functional and one non-functional automated test application (e.g. HP UFT & LoadRunner).
– Able to demonstrate good excellent communication skills to ensure team, management and customers are informed and up to date
– Constantly challenge self and inspire others to meet ambitious goals and deliver exceptional performance
– Be passionate about SO Testing Services (SOTS) and take responsibility for delivering a highly credible capability within the company
– Be as consumed with the success and development of the people you influence as you are with your own
– Focus people’s energy on excellent execution
– Respect and promote the standards that are SOTS licence to do business and find intelligent ways to apply them
– Ownership, initiative and positive approach (‘can-do’ attitude)
– Desire to ‘champion’ SOTS Service
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.