Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a Unix Administrator
– Working on UNIX Projects Fast Change team – dealing with 40+ Changes per week, which come in via JIRA ticketing system.
– Requests are all UNIX tasks that can be achieved in less one hour, typically installs, permission changes, storage adjustments, HBF.
– Technically excellent UNIX Administrator with demonstrable experience or qualifications in LINUX is mandatory, and skills in RHEL, AIX and Solaris are desirable.
– Strong awareness of Infrastructure components and their impact, including Networks, Storage, Databases, Physical/Virtual Servers, Clustering, Security, Automation (scripting), LINUX admin.
– Excellent stakeholder management skills, ability to deal with demanding customers on tight deadlines with a professional approach, whilst adhering to Bank policies and procedures around risk and control.
– Knowledge of Veritas products (VCS/VVR/VVM) would be beneficial.
– Knowledge of IBM HA solutions.
– CHEF programming skills, or scripting experience.
– RHEL/IBM Qualifications.
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.