Whitehall Resources are looking for two technical architects for initial 6 month contracts in South Yorkshire.
The two projects are as follows:
Categorisation Tool TA
We want to build an application that will ingest data from multiple sources, some extracts and longer-term via APIs, analyse the data, use decision trees to product outputs, retain these decisions and integrate with a separate workflow application being built in Sheffield. Possible languages are Java or Python. The candidate should ideally be hands on as it gives the most value. We are looking for someone who has dealt with large dataset and processing data, using enterprise techniques.
Prisoner Facing Services TA
For Prisoner Facing Services, it’s working through with service design to map as-is across a range of COTS and bespoke products. Provide advice and tech leadership roadmap etc for prisoner facing services – this covers stuff like Unilink, Virtual Campus – Education , Visits. Also need to review what we created in Digital Prisons recommend improvements, cost benefit of moving the on premise components. Additionally some specific work to look at the stack on the Hub.
Key Tasks/ Responsibilities:
– Provide hands-on technical leadership, in the development, operation and ongoing improvement of complex, transformational digital services serving millions of users.
– Work with product managers to understand user needs for new and existing services.
– Act as the technical authority in prospective, information gathering and scene setting meetings, evaluate technical proposals from external suppliers, and make implementation recommendations to senior stakeholders.
– Identify key API requirements for integration with internal and external systems.
– Lead development of user-driven prototypes to identify technical options and inform architectural approaches, working with colleagues and supplier team members to write tests, code and documentation for new and existing systems.
– Ensure system architectures are robust, scalable, open and secure, with appropriate overall system design and integration points/APIs, to deliver a high-quality user experience.
– Take a leading role in implementing the technical strategy for a business unit or agency
– Support junior colleagues in reaching agreement with senior stakeholders, providing direction and challenge
– Proactively identify technical problems and translate these into non-technical descriptions that can be widely understood
– Mentor and coach junior colleagues
– Define and own the technical strategy of digital products/ services
– Undertake structured analysis of technical issues, translating this analysis into technical designs that describe a solution
– Working with software developers, define the high-level architecture of our digital products, platforms and services; how it fits into the wider digital estate, how it should be built and structured, which language, framework and other technologies should be used, etc
– Lead the set-up and configuration of developer tooling, workflow and pipelines within agile product teams
– Monitor trends in existing and emerging technologies, evaluating and identifying new opportunities, integrations and solutions
– Own and manage relationships with technical and non-technical stakeholders, and external technical contacts to influence/ make the case for technical interventions, contribute to business cases and translate technical concepts
– Look for deeper issues that need fixing and opportunities to reuse components
– Help publicise our achievements and learning through blog posts, events, etc
– Occasionally participate in 2nd line support during office hours, and sometimes out of hours (for which you’ll be paid an allowance and further hourly payment when on call)
– Assist with recruitment
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.