Whitehall Resources are looking for an experienced Network SME for an initial 3 month contract in either Hampshire or Cheshire.
Essential Skills/ Experience:
– Expert knowledge of network administration on Cisco and F5 platforms
– Knowledge of the ITIL framework, vocabulary and best practices
– Expert in working with Vendor technical support staff, including vendor development teams
– Expertise in defining technical plans and procedures
– Expert in multiple Cisco routing, switching and security technologies with a strong background in Cisco ASA and Cisco Nexus.
– Expert knowledge of Cisco Firepower IDS
– Demonstrable experience of network performance tuning and capacity management on critical customer-facing systems and high-volume payments services
– Experience of working in a highly regulated environment and the associated processes and tools
– Have a strong working knowledge of financial services infrastructure components and the processes required to maintain the infrastructure
– Have a good understanding of the business areas and application / service components used and an appreciation of applications from both a technical and business perspective.
– Cisco CCNP – Routing and Switching
– Cisco CCNP – Security OR Checkpoint CCSA
– Configure and troubleshoot F5 LTM & GTM
Desirable Skills/ Experience
– Understanding of and extensive experience with Solarwinds and similar network monitoring & configuration tools
– Demonstrate a thorough understanding of F5 iRules and iApps.
– Good understanding and troubleshooting skills for dynamic routing protocols like OSPF & BGP
– As part of this role you may be required to work outside of normal office hours including weekends, this could be in various data centre environments.
– All technical operations engineers are required take part in out of hours support via an on call rota.
– CyberArk, Linux, Storage with DBA skill
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.