Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a Infrastructure SME
– Design and implementation resource to include Linux, AD, VMware, Windows primarily, a bit of an all rounder.
– Architect & design IT Infrastructure solution across multiple technologies.
– Integrate strategic solutions including internal and external Cloud based technologies.
– Manage End to End delivery of the Infrastructure Demand service.
– Drive Service improvement where applicable.
– Relationship management with Application teams and Central IT Infrastructure services team.
– Become fully aware of the banks IT Infrastructure solution offerings and in what situations these should be utilised.
– Drive infrastructure planning and forecasting with Business line groups, to maintain a rolling 12 month forecast, aligned to strategic technology integration and manage through the E2E process.
– Gather infrastructure requirements, business drivers, technical drivers from Business line groups.
– Work with the Infrastructure Capacity Management Team to ensure new demand is identified, raised and delivered in a timely manner to maintain lights on.
– Architect and aligning solution design to strategic technologies including internal and external Cloud offerings.
– Ensure Solution design is fit for purpose, long lasting and a cost effective Infrastructure solution that is based on performance, utilization, stability, flexibility & standardization.
– Manage end-to-end execution of Infrastructure delivery with central IT Infrastructure Services team.
– Build, prioritise and manage overall demand and delivery pipeline.
– Develop & maintain KPIs for the Demand Management service.
– Work with the Infrastructure Reporting Team to develop dashboards and reports to allow tracking of demand delivery.
– Create Information packs for senior management and other business units to provide transparency over the demand pipeline and the status of in-flight delivery.
– Good level of underpinning infrastructure solutions design experience in one or more areas of OS, Database, Middleware, Storage, Networks.
– Strong in one or more cloud technologies such as Openshift platforms, Docker, AWS or MS-Azure.
– Operating Systems – Linux, AD, VMWare Windows and RHEL.
– Database – MariaDB, MS-SQL, Oracle RDBMS.
– Understanding of Enterprise Storage technologies i.e., EMC, NetApp, PURE.
– Understanding of LAN and WAN high level networking.
– HA and DR solutions.
– Strong understanding of the challenges faced when migrating IT Services.
– Strong understanding of developing technologies/methodologies (Automation, Dev Ops).
– Understanding and experience of ITIL based framework.
– Mainframe experience.
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.