Senior DevOps Platform Engineer
Senior DevOps Platform Engineer
Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a Senior DevOps Platform Engineer
Were looking for senior engineers to join our client on a Government Department team focused on Platform Engineering. As a leader you will be directing engineering teams to design, build, integrate and deploy the infrastructure and distributed platforms used to host and deliver modern microservice application architectures. You will be experienced in applying modern computing paradigms aiming to improve the path to production, feedback loops and creating cultures of continuous learning and improvement.
– Contributes to the technical strategy, standards, and solutions and leads in its implementation.
– Coordinates service level indicators with product and business managers, other organisational departments and internal users to define and deliver at or above service level objectives.
– Act as Technical Product Owner for key platform engineering deliverables within infrastructure as code, CI/CD pipelines and metrics and monitoring.
– Create and lead the delivery of technical product/service roadmaps.
– Design, implement and manage strategic organisational and team structures and processes to enable engineering teams to work and deliver value early using agile and lean methodologies and principles.
– Remains on the forefront of emerging DevOps technologies and practices.
– Identifies DevOps innovations and manages the process of innovative change implementation effectively across the project, processes, and technologies.
– Proactively support the Engagement Manager in the development and recruitment of engineering teams across multiple delivery streams.
– Coaches, trains, and develops colleagues to ensure proficiency in delivery of services that we provide on a daily basis
– Works along side the client Delivery Manager to provide pastoral support for the clients colleague;, monitoring their levels of engagement and ensuring they are feel focused, valued and inspired.
– Contribute to activities for improving synergy, sharing, communication and best practices within engineering disciplines at all levels within the client organisation.
– Develops positive stakeholder relationships at all levels to deliver updates, resolve issues, manage project lifecycles and evangelise DevOps ways of working.
– Measures, tracks, reports, and attains/exceeds project goals. Organises, documents, and reports to senior stakeholders.
– Escalates issues and pursues resolutions properly with agreed service level objectives. – Manages multiple teams simultaneously within a dynamic environment and appropriately assigns resources.
– Mutually establishes project priorities with project Delivery Managers and Product Managers. Provides target schedules for deliverables. Regularly communicates with project members.
– Leads and participates in new and enhanced software, systems and infrastructure design discussions and review sessions.
– Leads and participates in technical design authority processes.
– Manage operational standards and procedures, and ensures those are documented and followed by team members.
– Manage and work collaboratively with third party providers and information system vendors to ensure timely and accurate delivery of outsourced software, systems and services.
– Lead the delivery of discrete technical areas within the project/programme.
– Line manage DevOps team leads in accordance with the clients practices.
– Highly technical individual with strong experience in software, systems and network engineering.
– A wealth of experience brilliantly managing highly skilled practitioners within the fields of software, systems and network engineering.
– Serious depth of DevOps knowledge and how to implement its key concepts within a large scale agile transformation p
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.