Whitehall Resources are currently recruiting for a Atlassian Specialist for a 6 month initial contract based in Croydon.
Were looking for an Atlassian expert to join our client on a Government Department team focused on development and support of Atlassian toolset. The person will be responsible for managing the Atlassian toolset used by the programme. The role will include making upgrades, configuring, development, and supporting the day to day running of the toolset. Wwe are also at the pointb in the Lifecyle of the programme where we have a number of business applications live and are moving towards substantial transition. As such the candidate should be prepared to support the platform (for collaborative tooling) on an ‘On call’ basis.
Youll have extensive hands on experience in administration of Atlassian Tools Exposure to AWS infrastructure Linux/Unix Environment Nginx Postgres Terraform (Nice to have) Atlassian API (Nice to have), have been an Atlassian administrator on varying architectures (AWS, Docker, Atlassian cloud etc.) using new technologies, such as containers (Docker, RKT) and the tool orchestration that surround these, (CoreOS / Kubernetes etc.). You’ll have a thorough understanding of the Atlassian Tools (JIRA/Confluence/Crowd/BitBucket). Youll understand the pros and cons of these technologies and have experience on various implementations surrounding them, or similar tools in that technical space.
You’ll be experienced in fundamental concepts including project creation/management, user & group permissions Workflow management (Creation & Troubleshooting) Administation of JIRA Plugins e.g. ScriptRunner/Ictime Licence management of Atlassian application & plugins Supporting wider estate on JIRA issues & requests Creating and configuring JIRA boards & JQL queries/filters Advise and plan application upgrades, based on release notes including security notices.
Working alongside other technical and non-technical business functions e.g. commercial
– Atlassian Administration
– Supporting the Atlassian Toolset (Jira, Confluence, Crowd and BitBucket)
– Planning and implementing tool updates / patches according to the programme approach
– Ensuring all plug-ins are maintained and kept up to date
– Working with test team to ensure test coverage functional/non-functional
– Set up automated CI pipeline for Atlassian toolset
– Debugging issues
– Extensive experience as a Atlassian Administrator and a relationship with the Atlassian Vendor
– Good communication skills, both in written and verbal form.
– Knowledge in new technologies (Docker / Kubernetes)
– Extremely sound knowledge of GNU/Linux.
– Knowledge of configuration management tools (Puppet / Ansible), not essential but helps.
– Understanding of CI environments and how they facilitate the automation process with other orchestration tools.
– Experience of building infrastructure in the cloud, (AWS) and designing for the cloud.
– Understanding of cloud concepts and how to automate the build over specific APIs within the cloud.
– Show understanding of the basic concepts of Projects, Issues, Spaces, Pages, Repositories
– Have created and deployed Dashboards, Agile/Scrum boards, workflows, custom fields and schemes in JIRA
– Understands application linking, gadget and macro feeds
– How Roles, Permissions and Security levels work within the different apps and how they can be managed from a central user directory
– Experience using separate DB servers or apps. Experience with Postgresql a definite plus
– Good documentation principles
– Previous application support/DevOps background is a plus
– Atlassian Jira /Confluence/FishEye Crucible /Crowd/Stash/BitBucket
– Jenkins Cl
– AWS: VPC, SG’s, ASG’s, EC2, ELB, EBS, EFS, SES, cloud watch
– Docker / RKT
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.