Lead Java Developer
Lead Java Developer required by Whitehall Resources on an initial 6 month contract based in Essex.
Role & Responsibilities:
– The role will entail managing a team of developers.
– Leading the team in line with our clients values, policies and guidelines
– Creating and maintaining Project Plans that reflect the work being undertaken by the team
– Ensure that the team deliver to agreed milestones included in the Project Plan and that the quality of the deliverables meets the required standards
– Ensure that the teams costs are estimated correctly and recorded accurately and being able to explain any variances that arise
– Ensure that the team are actively engaged in the continuous improvement process, the required reviews of existing assets are planned and undertaken following the account review process and that new ideas are actively encouraged
– Deputise for Development Manager if required
– Prompt escalation of problems, issues and risks as necessary
– Develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members and with key stakeholders external to the team
– Ensure all relevant HR Policies are understood and applied
– Java v1.8+
– Spring Boot framework
– Agile SAFe
– Cloud environment (AWS preferred)
– Oracle DB, MySQL and Ingress database technologies
– Redhat / Centos or similar Unix platforms
– Git, Jenkins, Jira, SOAP UI, Junit, TDD, BDD
– Has at least 5 year strong experience in Java core development
– Sun Certified Java Programmer (Advantageous)
– Experience in Java version 1.8+
– Experience in Spring Boot framework (version 1.5+)
– Minimum 1 year experience in microservices development.
– Experience in enterprise integration patterns and working on large programme of work in agile environment (Agile SAFe)
– Strong experience working in a Scrum team assisting the BA and Solution architect and taking an active role in defining, developing and validating epics and user stories.
– Strong experience in developing for a Cloud environment (AWS Preferred)
– Experience in developing with Oracle DB, MySQL and Ingress database technologies.
– Strong experience in Redhat / Centos or similar Unix platforms.
– Strong experience in Git, Jenkins, Jira, SOAP UI, JUnit, TDD, BDD.
– Good written and verbal communication skills
– Problem solving and creativity skills
– Honesty and Integrity
– Eagerness to learn
– Drive and energy
– Professional appearance
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.