Business Analyst (eCommerce)
Business Analyst required by Whitehall Resources on an initial 6 month contract based in West Sussex with regular travel to London.
A role on the Project Management team engages with top retail and B2C brands from around the world, facilitating new implementations of the latest eCommerce technology. With access to multiple platforms and technologies, and working alongside some of the smartest people in the industry, there is immense career growth potential. Successful team members have been promoted into management roles or senior consulting roles within eCommerce with access to the powerful client ecosystem.
Reporting to the Business Analyst Manager, the Business Analyst is responsible for consulting with our clients to develop and document detailed understandings of client requirements in eCommerce engagements, translating those requirements into functional specifications and technical needs.
– Facilitate client requirements gathering sessions with external and internal stakeholders; documenting those requirements into use cases, activity diagrams and functional specifications;
– Work with Project Managers and clients on new/existing implementations to ensure timely and effective delivery of requirements documentation in line with agreed upon project hours;
– Lead efforts to evaluate, select, recommend and implement appropriate software & system solutions that support and enable the delivery of eCommerce applications;
– Provide thought leadership in eCommerce best practices, the selection and recommendation of eCommerce applications and their ancillary systems;
– Identify and present process improvements for requirements gathering and documentation of those requirements;
– Update base functionality templates that reflect current version capabilities of Salesforce Commerce Cloud platform;
– Possess a thorough understanding of Salesforce Commerce Cloud administrative functionality;
– Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements;
– Tracks and reports hours and expenses on a weekly basis;
– Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
– Minimum bachelor’s degree.
– 2-7 years of experience as a Business Analyst or technical Project Manager in an eCommerce or related environment
– Answer all client training requests (phone calls, emails and other communiqués) in a timely fashion, but in no event more than 24 hours from the receipt of a communication;
– Experienced in consulting with track record of client facing engagements. Ability to communicate with people at all levels;
– Be comfortable in fast paced environment and management of multiple initiatives simultaneously;
– Strong analytical skills and demonstrated understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into requirements;
– Excellent in writing effective client documentation including functional specifications, process flow maps, and use cases;
– Expert in all tools including MS Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and Visio;
– Past experience in Confluence and JIRA helpful but not required;
– Ability to work independently as well as within a goal oriented project team.
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.