This position has been filled
Technical Design Authority - AWS
Technical Design Authority – AWS
Whitehall Resources are looking for an experienced Technical Design Authority for an initial 6 month contract in Cheshire.
Key Tasks/ Deliverables:
– Previous experience of Applications/Workloads migrations to AWS.
– Responsible for ensuring the continual improvement and integrity of the AWS Cloud Architecture & Transaction Cycle migrations to Cloud.
– Leading the technical design team and assuring all migrations to AWS follow the prescribed template, procedures, tools, methodology and adhere to architectural guidelines.
– Engage with the clients AWS Command Centre stakeholders, AWS & other service provider teams in all aspects AWS Cloud Lifecycle Management.
– Champion best practices and AWS Cloud Adoption Framework and maximise usage of current tools.
– Architecture Design Approval – Approve compliance with, or justifiable variance from, the architectural standards.
– Quality Assurance – To ensure the integrity of the IT architecture and that upgrades proposed by other 3rd party suppliers are fit for purpose and comply the standards necessary to maintain a robust, consistent, efficient, effective and integrated technical infrastructure.
– Technical Assurance: Agree and validate technical standards and to provide technical assurance that project designs are fit for purpose and using the standard infrastructure building blocks wherever possible.
– Assist projects in producing High Level Designs particularly in the specification of AWS Compute and Storage hosting Infrastructure.
– Approve (or deny) technical design solutions submitted by projects to ensure appropriate use of technology and alignment.
– Work with the client’s BUK, BI, BHS, GTIS teams and Service providers to reduce the Technical Debt in the AWS Cloud.
– Work with the Portfolio, Programme and Projects and the Demand and Capacity Manager to gain an understanding if future projects and their demands for AWS Cloud Compute and Storage.
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.