Service Engineer required by Whitehall Resources on an initial 8 month contract based in Surrey.
– The service engineering specialist supports service delivery management and the service governance process by reviewing and acting on operational performance data for IT outcomes, service levels, KPIs and customer feedback.
– The scope encompasses managing the delivery of services from internal and external providers to ensure optimal performance in line with agreed IT outcomes and levels of risk and resilience.
– Typical activities include service level management, supplier management, supporting incident resolution, maintaining configuration management data, providing solution design quality assurance for enhancements and performing project/enhancement delivery roles based on area of expertise.
– This role also provides feedback to process teams to support continuous improvement (e.g. for service management processes).
– You will work within the Digital Workplace Productivity & Collaboration portfolio, your role will be assigned to the Unified Comms Service providing Skype/Lync products to our end customers.
– You will support the Service Owner by providing activity leadership related to the integrated delivery of the service/s and evolving catalogue of IT products offered and consumed – assuring the integrity of expected IT and business outcomes maintained – including the vendor management of our underpinning contracts.
– You will ensure that Service/s operate appropriately and will execute Change/Projects in compliance with IT&S standards and regulatory requirements relating to: Security, HR, Ethics, Data Protection, HSSE, Policies, Legal entities and legislations.
– You will manage the Service Performance and relevant reporting activities related to the services/products offered. You will help advance the company’s technology-related transformation by drawing meaningful insights from data and use these to support innovation and the delivery of iterative solutions.
– You will aim to protect, evolve, innovate, enhance and optimise the service/s managed, the products offered and the overall customer experience.
– You will develop a deep knowledge of your E2E Service Model and will build and manage collaborative relationships to improve the overall quality of the service and effective Ways of Working that work to maximise value of underpinning Resources (Technology, Contracts, People); simplify and optimise delivery, and enhance the products offered.
– You will lead the development, maintenance and dissemination of Knowledge and Communications required by Customers and Support channels to effectively adopt, consume and support changing Products and Services.
– As an experienced Service engineering professional, you will develop leadership skills through activity, supplier and resource management; identification and support of team development needs, and mentoring – with a focus on enabling the success of others.
Skills & Experience:
– ITIL Service Management certified with preferable Bachelors (or higher) degree from a recognized institute of higher learning, ideally focused in Business IT or Computer Science, MIS/IT, or other STEM related subjects.
– Ideally experienced in service management of global services within a large corporate enterprise environment, and preferably managing a service within a Unified Communications service portfolio.
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.