Data Scientist required by Whitehall Resources on a 6 week long initial contract based in London
The data scientist will be working within a multi-disciplinary team focussing on the development of innovative products to complement the Enterprise Performance Framework. This role will work with other data-scientists, data-engineers and analysts in the Analysis & Performance (A&P) division using R Studio, Python, Power BI and SQL.
The key purpose of the role is to
– Analyse business processes and operations through data to understand performance issues. Then give recommendations for solutions that will drive improvement.
– Develop innovative data tools, dashboards and analysis in R Studio (principally R Shiny) and Power BI, developing accompanying narrative in R Markdown.
– Undertake the data-engineering activity needed to support these innovative products, which may include automating APIs, Developing SQL scripts, data-modelling on both Oracle databases and Azure/AWS cloud-based platforms.
– Support the development and dissemination of best practise in reporting and visualising different types of quantitative information, include spatial data to ensure key features of the data are well communicated
– Develop data solutions using agile methodology and modern tools and platforms. This includes SQL, Power BI, ArcGIS, R Studio, GitHub, Trello, Python, Azure data services and AWS data-science platform
Key skills and experience:
– Knowledge and experience of: data preparation, exploration and visualization; data interrogation and analysis; application of statistical and/or data-modelling methodologies; presentation of results using good visualisations.
– Knowledge and experience of using: modern tools for analysis and visualization, particularly: R Studio, Python, Power BI and SQL; and modern communication channels (communities, networks, webinars, etc) to solve day-to-day technical issues (desirable).
– Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, managing own time and priorities as required.
– Ability to identify areas of improvement and create innovative approaches to delivering better quality services and products
– Ability to work confidently with a diverse group of stakeholders and challenge established business processes and working practices
– Ability to develop domain expertise quickly
– Experience of working within agile, waterfall and hybrid/semi agile development programmes
– Working with and leading SMEs to capture requirements and deliver other products against tight deadlines
– Strong technical background to be able to pick up new technologies and internal systems quickly.
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.