This position has been filled
QA Tester Role
Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a QA Tester for a key client based in Essex,
Task Description – The main role of the Test Analyst will be to:
* Use technical design specifications and User Stories to devise and document Test Plans in line with project sprints under the guidance of the Test Manager or Senior QA.
* Prepare Test Cases/Acceptance Criteria in accordance with the Test Strategy and Test Plan.
* Carry out Text Execution in accordance with Test Strategy, Test Plan and Test Cases. under the guidance of the Test Manager or Senior QA, Product Delivery Manager or Scrum Master.
* Estimate, plan and schedule testing work on the Project.
* Static testing / Analysis of supplied Project Artefacts in test preparation.
* Requirements / User Story analysis to aid test planning.
* Creating Test scripts / Acceptance Criteria for a set of User Stories (requirements).
* Collaboration with scrum team members and all Test customers & business representatives to detect and resolve defects early and build quality into products.
* Supporting, coaching and developing other Test staff.
* Peer reviewing Test Artefacts (e.g. Test Scripts) as required.
* Creating Test Data for user stories and saving on Bitbucket.
* Creating realistic, reusable test data.
* Executing test scripts and recording results.
* Raising defects in alignment with Data Engineering guidelines, and assisting in their resolution.
* Reviewing test results to ensure solutions meet business requirements.
* Updating tracking tools, e.g. Jira/Confluence on an ongoing basis to maintain data quality.
* Timely & accurate reporting of the status of testing related activities against plan.
* Attending project ceremonies e.g. sprint planning, retrospectives, stand-ups as appropriate.
* Maintenance of own technical or specialist knowledge
* Identifying and managing allocated risks & issues.
* Analysing testing related issues arising on projects, devising and implementing pragmatic solutions.
* Ensuring testing infrastructure requirements are known, clearly understood, and progressed appropriately.
* Working with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle.
Mandatory Technical Skills –
* Proven and current QA/Test Analyst experience in a large Company or Public Sector organisation.
* Excellent testing knowledge throughout all phases of the testing lifecycle.
* Proven testing experience with ETL Technologies.
* Experience in developing product backlogs with measurable success criteria.
* Analysis of user stories to identify acceptance criteria.
* Knowledge and experience of test automation including basic coding experience.
* Experience in product review.
* Experience of using Jira and Confluence.
* Experience with the use of version control systems.
* Co-ordination and development of testing including Scripting, Scenario
Planning and execution to include:-
* Integration testing
* Functional testing
* Co-ordination of User Acceptance testing (UAT)
* Performance testing
* Regression testing
* Testing experience with Pentaho Data Integration and/or Pentaho Reporting.
* Knowledge of SQL and/or Mondrian query languages
* Experience of automating ETL testing.
* Experience with HIVE/IMPALA
* Testing in a Linux environment
* Experience of a range of platforms e.g. Client/Server Internet Browser technologies, Oracle etc.
* Experience of a range of Testing tools e.g. ALM, LoadRunner, Selenium, SOAPUI and JMeter
* Experience of building or using test automation frameworks.
* A relevant software testing qualification e.g. ISEB/ISTQB (or equivalent)
Mandatory Business Skills –
* Security clearance level – must be willing to undergo SC
* Excellent communication skills.
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.