Lead QA Automation Engineer
Lead QA Automation Engineer required by Whitehall Resources on an initial 10 week contract based in County Durham.
– Using TDD and BDD techniques you will lead the QA function of a scrum team working to maximise the value and effectiveness of the delivery team by using modern, innovative automation testing techniques and tools in an “Automation First” approach. You will help to build, maintain, and improve the automated framework across the project.
– Reporting into the Technical Delivery Manager you will work closely with the technical delivery team to establish a foundation of automated tests to both improve QA efficiency and extend our quality coverage. You will additionally be involved in issue investigation, writing and sharing technical documentation, all the while liaising and collaborating with the delivery team.
– This role requires working with project leadership and contributors, to deliver the Test Automation strategy and drive implementation for the project. Successful candidates will be able to evaluate the latest tools and automation frameworks and extend them appropriately.
– You will be expected to automate as much of the testing as possible and run automates test suites as part of continuous integration pipeline which you will contribute to and help maintain with the scrum team.
– Minimum 2-3 years extensive test automation experience and the ability to specify, develop and implement test automation frameworks and advise on best practices.
– Team player and strives in a collaborative environment with strong communication skills to help achieve the goals of the team not just the individual
– Knowledge, experience and ability to learn Open Source and COTS Test and Defect Management Tools
– Extensive hands on test experience within Agile projects, with a strong understanding of scrum framework, sprints, CI and release testing lifecycles.
– Able to define and advise on test scope, approach, risks and assumptions.
– Ability to quickly pick-up and learn new tools and frameworks
– Ability to review, understand and query technical aspects from architectural diagrams and other technical documentation.
– Ability to hold complex test discussions with architects, SMEs and Operational Teams
– Ability to provide clear and concise risk based advice on all test matters.
– Proven and demonstratable track record of having delivered Functional Testing services across a variety of technologies and projects.
– Pro-active in engaging in managing test dependencies, coordinating test coverage and execution.
– Defining and advising on test scope, approach, risks and assumptions.
Essential Skills and Experience:
– Excellent English language skills, both written and verbal
– Strong knowledge of Selenium Test Automation Framework
– Strong C# coding experience ideally using .Net Core
– Strong knowledge of BDD using SpecFlow
– Code Repositories and Version Control using GitHub
– Performance Testing using JMeter
– Postman or SoapUI to perform integration/API/Webservice based testing
– Working in scrum teams and working collaboratively with all members of Scrum team in an Agile environment
– Strong understanding and experience of System, Regression, End-to-End and Integration Testing
– Using test management tools (open source or COTS) to write and execute tests and defect management
– Experience of Azure DevOps (VSTS) to setup, configure and run deployment pipelines
– Extensive hands on experience in delivering testing against a rich and varied functional and technical landscape including cloud-based infrastructure.
– User Story analysis and evaluation to assure they are in a testable state
– Experienced in defining and advising on test scope, approach, risks and assumptions
– Using Requirements Traceability Matrix to measure test coverage and identify gaps in testing.
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.