AWS Architect - SC Cleared
AWS Architect – SC Cleared required by Whitehall Resources for an initial 3 month contract based in Greater London
*Must hold active SC Clearance*
Required Skills/Experience –
– Demonstrable relevant domain experience (data, security, enterprise or solutions architecture) of deploying solutions in AWS, particularly with migration from on-premise solutions to AWS.
– Experience in deploying large scale applications meeting security and performance criteria
– Ability to delve into AWS detail as required liaising with infrastructure and network engineers as appropriate
– Experience of Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment using tools such as GitHub, Kubernetes and Drone
– Senior stakeholder management and the ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams, bring together people and views to inform decision making, and be willing to support work that isnt part of your core role
– Solutions architecture skills that demonstrate experience of working with big data and analytics systems, deployed into AWS
– Preferably experience in mpp databases such as Greenplum and Redshift
– Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
– Experience in designing systems that are responsive and platform agnostic, such that they work on as many different end user devices as possible.
– Experience of the governments digital and technology transformation agenda.
– Expertise in the development of architectures based on common processes and technical components
– Expertise in designing systems that comply with national and public sector standards
– Ability to create new user-centred services including online and offline interaction as needed
– Ability to plot and explain the end-to-end user journey of a service, including multiple online and offline touch points a user might interact with.
– Security architecture skills to demonstrate evidence of security design in government OFFICIAL classified systems holding sensitive data
Role and Responsibilities –
– Designs large and complex systems through effective collaboration with business users and technology colleagues
– Translates existing technology components into recommended AWS based equivalents based on technical, support and commercial considerations
– Develop transitional roadmaps to support migration from on-premise to AWS based solutions
– Create and contribute to low-level designs describing the topology of AWS components including security and networking
– Provide technical guidance to support technical spikes and proof of concepts using Amazon based services
– Translates complex multi system business requirements into workable solutions in line with organisation standards
– Evaluates and undertakes impact analysis on major design options and assesses and manages associated risks. Ensures that the system design balances functional, service quality and systems management requirements
– Supports the development and continuous improvement of organisation information services
– Produces detailed component specifications and translates these into detailed design for implementation.
– Assists with the preparation of technical plans and ensures appropriate technical resources are available.
– Provides advice on technical aspects of systems development and integration and ensures compliance with the necessary strategies
– Ensures the continuous development of the Solution Design function by mentoring and coaching solution designers, and ensuring that the solution design approaches, methodologies and best practice are maintained and aligned with industry best practice
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.